PCI MAX 2007+ Vista 64-bit (x64)

All posts related to PCI MAX transmittors go here!

Moderators: Sir Nigel, Nina, pcs, 5r, phpBB2 - Administrators

WEBcast
New registered user
New registered user

PCI MAX 2007+ Vista 64-bit (x64)

Post by WEBcast »

How can i make the PCI MAX 2007+ card working on Windows Vista Edition 64-bit, where can i find a compatible driver?
WEBcast
New registered user
New registered user

Post by WEBcast »

PCS-Electronics Technical Support told me is impossible to make PCI MAX to work with Windows Vista x64 :x
bezerk
Regular poster
Regular poster

Post by bezerk »

understanding that you use 64bit for a few things, you understand that the amount of things which run well, or at all on 64bit are very limited.
Why would you want to use the card in a 64bit system? what application are you using that demands or runs on 64bit system?

Being an IT guy myself, supporting hundreds of servers - i "always" verify with a vendor that their hardware and software will work on 64bit - as i am sure you know using 64bit also.
I have one of his cards which works great using unix/linux just fine - thats pretty tight really, and very cross platform!
just put the card in a 32bit system - and it will run forever man trust me! :)
WEBcast
New registered user
New registered user

Post by WEBcast »

On a 32bit system you will find the real disadvantages like:

• This card doesn’t work on any PCI slot; it requires searching and finding a compatible slot in your computer and can conflict with other devices.
• PCI MAX 2007+ cannot take the sound from the PCI bus and works only with the sound gotten from an external source through the audio entrance.
• To achieve maximum performance another external power supply is needed.
• This card does not work with SAM Broadcaster.

Putting all this together you will find out that PCI MAX use a PC only as a case.

bezerk please upload the linux drivers to see also if is working on linux.
bezerk
Regular poster
Regular poster

Post by bezerk »

:D I have had many of the cards, and still have an original that works great with Sam4 even, that i could be talked out of.
:D That card alone has been in too many machines to count - and still works like the day it came in the mail! :)
:D I have rarely had to swap slots, and it never conflicted with anything that made sense being in a box i was running Sam & the DB on. Generally beyond a GOOD sound card - installing anything else is asking for trouble. SamX & MySQL are enough "bloat". As a rule, being an audiophile - i dont even surf the web on any machine running Sam & SQL - generally i KVM to it, or let it/them run "headless" and remote in when i want to, or need to - from a machine on my network, from work, or even from my cell phone from anyplace on the planet! :o =D> =D>
:D I am happy that the PCI MAX cards "do not" take sound from the bus - that would suck. I "want" the ability to choose a top end sound card/audio pipe. Or start off with onboard sound from the PC (stock) - and upgrade or swap sound cards as i desired. I use a Sound Blaster Platinum Pro with a great Breakout Box so i have unlimited flexibility with IO (input & output) But i have a MAYA 1010 (audiotrak) with a cooler breakout box that's new, still in the box that i do not use & could also be talked out of.
:D The external GUI/Control for the card is totally "set & forget" - i never change my frequency, and i would never know its running silently in the task bar. I put it, with Sam in the start menu, with the RDS Gui - not a bother, or something i give any thought. Louis who writes Sam has yet to modify the software for the cards which have very much evolved. why? because its simply not necessary.
:D On that note, the PC is very much more than "just a case" for the cards! =D> =D> For instance, from the GUI/Control panel for the card, you can change frequency, stereo/mono, power the card on & off, as well as unlimited "interaction/control settings" for RDS with the optional plug in daughter board just to name a few! :)
:D From my original PCI MAX card to & thru the 2007+ all work GREAT with Sam thru Sam4 now. The fact that the newer cards do not use the SamX GUI/Control Panel is simply not necessary. Set & Forget. For instance RDS Sam does not support RDS - yet its very easily done with Sam's PAL scripting to produce the text file. Again a very small but powerful GUI that runs silently in the task bar, that i would never know is there.
:D I am happy that the cards can also take "stabilized" external power - since i try to use a terrabyte of drives on the boxes, which taxes the power supply enough! :)
=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
I LOVE The PCI MAX line of cards man - they are SOO AWESOME!!! ~BUT~ As the years have rolled by since my first PCI MAX card, i am proud to say that i just bought a new CyberMaxFM+ DSP/RDS Transmitter, and his newest 300watt Digital Amp - and all i can say is WOW~! The quality of these units are beyond description, i have never seen a more feature rich, and easy to use transmitter or amp. Marko is working on a USB interface which will allow me to log into my box remotely using even my cell phone to change settings~! Thats off the hook man! It will be possible to remote into the device thru the host, which is also running Sam, and adjust the power or other settings.
:D But this is also what i have been doing with earlier versions of PCI MAX to turn the power on & off, or to change frequency from my cell phone while setting up & testing. (PcAnywho, VNC or others using ROVE on my blackberry)
=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
:D All said & done - the PCI MAX cards really are one of a kind, and very much hands down are the best you can get for quality, flexibility & value. Honestly speaking from a long time customer. For instance, i have bought cards - then decided to make the card a standalone unit in an enclosure, added RDS - then change my mind & put it in another PC for a while if i want. Using Sam, Jazzler, everything. Very flexible, easily upgraded, and many super cool options like RDS even on the PCI card! I could care less if Louis writes the control panel for the card in Sam - its the greatest, and so are the cards! :)

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o
So here are what i have up for trade:
1 PCS PCI MAX card (original) - which works with Sam-Sam4 GUI/Control Panel
1 PCS 1-20watt AMP (original)
1 MAYA 1010 Sound Card with Breakout Box - new in original box

I am willing to trade for PCS Gift Certificates - and will drop ship - so make offers!!