Unable to open PCI Max Card

All posts related to PCI MAX transmittors go here!

Moderators: Sir Nigel, Nina, pcs, 5r, phpBB2 - Administrators

OblioV
New registered user
New registered user

Unable to open PCI Max Card

Post by OblioV »

Like ozuser, my PCImax2007+ card worked fine for a couple of months. Now when I start the software, I get the message "Unable to open PCI Max Card. Try to move PCI MAX to another PCI slot ot reinstall the driver. Last reported error: Failed locking device" When I hit OK, the software starts with this error message :"Access violation at address 004696FF in module 'PCImax2007+.exe'. Read of address 00000070."

and the program refuses to work at all. Have tried moving the card to another slot, and reinstalling and the tips per the forum but it still won't work.

I installed the 2004 version of the software and the card works, but comes up at minimum power and the power slider does not seem to do anything.

How do I get this thing working again?
quirtep
New registered user
New registered user

Post by quirtep »

I have the same issue. Did you get it working? Any suggestions? Thanks.
quirtep
New registered user
New registered user

Post by quirtep »

I should add that I've tried the newest driver. I tried multiple PCI slots. The device is recognized in the device manager. The procedure I tried was to remove both the Jungo and PCI Max entries from the device manager (and set it to delete software), and then I uninstalled the PCI Max software, and then I shut down, rebooted, reinstalled software, and ran install.bat. I also tried the same but moving the card to a different PCI slot when the machine was shut down. It just stopped working the other day. It was working fine, then the error just appeared. What can I do?
Dreammachine-Radio
Regular poster
Regular poster

Post by Dreammachine-Radio »

Take your card out of your pc.
1.Delete all drivers regarding the PC Max and delete all device related hardware from device manager
2.Restart your pc
3.Install driver on your PC
4.Shut down your pc
5.Install PCI Max in your pc
6.Start your pc and driver during the process Finding new hardware
7.If no driver is found skip the process
8.go to programfiles where the pcimax driver is installed and click on the Bat file
9.klik on your icon desktop program
PCI should now running again.

Remember automatic updates from Windows XP like service pack 3 will have a negative inpact on the driver and operational working of the PCI Max transmitter.

I recommend the windows vista driver to install on an XP platform.

Soon theire will be a new driver comming out, Marko is working on it.

success :D
quirtep
New registered user
New registered user

Post by quirtep »

Alas, the procedure did not work for me. I followed it exactly. I am running Vista.

Darn it!
Dreammachine-Radio
Regular poster
Regular poster

Try this,

richt click on the desktop icon pci max
check comptability
select windows xp sp2 our older windows versions.
safe
and try again.

If this does not work, you have to install the 2004 driver until the new driver is out, or use xp platform for this card.

Hope this help for you.

Check al so this post , related to 32bits and 64bits Vista. http://www.pcs-electronics.com/phpBB2/v ... b52e109582
quirtep
New registered user
New registered user

Post by quirtep »

No, this didn't work either. Thank you very much for the replies, though.

The strange thing is how it was working just fine, but then on one reboot, it just stopped.

I'm going to try it in another computer to make sure it's not a hardware problem.

Thanks again, and if anyone has additional ideas I'd be grateful.
quirtep
New registered user
New registered user

Post by quirtep »

PS: It's just 32-bit vista...
quirtep
New registered user
New registered user

Post by quirtep »

The good news is that it works in the other machine, XP SP2. I'd still like to get it working on the Vista machine, but can be patient. Any ETA for the new driver?

Thanks again.
Dreammachine-Radio
Regular poster
Regular poster

Your line ( after a boot on vista ) tricks me..

When your machine did a boot possible couse of vista updates. ( i think it was Service Pack 1 for Vista )

Vista makes a registration point when it installes new updates.

maybe its course the problem when the update(es) are installed.

What you can try is to go back in registry before the date the machine did a boot. And set the machine back before this reboot.

And ofcource your welcome to put any question related to... in his forum.

Happy FM-ing.. :)
quirtep
New registered user
New registered user

Post by quirtep »

It was just a manual reboot, not due to a Windows update, but I suppose an update could have been applied during the reboot too.

Unfortunately, I have restore disabled for the computer, so I cannot revert to how it was before the incident.

I do have SP1 on the Vista machine, but it was working for a long time after that was installed.

Are there any other registry tricks I could try? Specific keys to delete or something? Should I search the registry for "Jungo" and remove all entries?

It would be nice to get this running, but it's not too urgent.

Any ETA on the new driver?

I am a longtime computer programmer, so I don't think I'm doing anything too stupid, or neglecting to do something too obvious, but...

Thanks again.
pcs
Site master
Site master

Post by pcs »

Hi there!

The new driver is practically finished, we only need to:
- add one new command to the RDS part to support the new RDS daughterboard v2.0,
this new command makes it possible to turn the RDS carrier on or off (not possible with v1.0)
- Finish install/uninstall wrapper that will fully remove the previous versions of the driver.

It should be out for testing in a week or a bit more.
Best regards,
Marko - PCS Electronics
--------------------------------------------------------
Turn your PC into a FM radio station!
http://www.pcs-electronics.com
fax +386 4 2316 128