What do you drive?

Of-f topic posts about everything and nothing

Moderators: Sir Nigel, Nina, pcs, 5r, phpBB2 - Administrators

Sir Nigel

What do you drive?

Post by Sir Nigel »

Cars, pickups, vans and even lorries are acceptable.

I now drive a Honda Jazz (It's called a Fit in most of the Americas). It's got great handling. Four normal-sized adults can fit into it with room to spare.

When looking for one I refused the automatic transmission. None of that torque converter crap. Amazing how most cars on dealerships in the US are with an automatic transmission.

To me it's quite like many other small cars in Europe (e.g. not massive, nimble, hatchback, great fuel consumption rating), but many here in the US are ammazed at it and most don't even know Honda makes a car like it.
-empty-
5r

Post by 5r »

Still driving my old mazda 323F... Fuel consumption 6,5-7,5L/100km (2,5-2,9 gallons/100miles), manual shifting
Sir Nigel

Post by Sir Nigel »

I've been calculating my fuel economy since I got the car (two weeks ago) and I get about 7L/100km (33 mpg, US gallons mind you). Not bad for a high revving petrol engine (it turns 4000k revs at 130km/h in fifth gear). Perhaps a small problem, I've driven almost 2000 miles (3200 km) since I've got it!

Is that Mazda a diesel?

Here in America people are deprived of diesels. VW had to drop them for this year in favour of meeting the newest emission standards. I'd love one of those new TDI Golfs (excuse me, in the US it's now called the Rabbit-how cute).
-empty-
5r

Post by 5r »

diesel? nope... Its a petrol car, 1,6 16V. it had 86BHP before modification and now it has about 100BHP, it revs to 7000rpm and top speed was way over the max speed limit...
fuel consumption droped afer moding the engine...

I am still thinking about buying a diesel car. My prefered model at this point is Seat Ibiza with 1,9l engine and 90BHP, its consumption is betveen 4 and 5l/100km.
regards,

Peter
PCS team
5r

Post by 5r »

Got Mazda again :)
regards,

Peter
PCS team
5r

Post by 5r »

Got another mazda :)
mazda6 this time
regards,

Peter
PCS team
Rathers
New registered user
New registered user

Post by Rathers »

Mazda 6 is a great looking car. What year is it? I drive a 2011 Peugeot 308.