Best Radio Automaton Program

Discuss computer software and hardware with other users...(SW limiters, audio processors etc)

Moderators: Sir Nigel, Nina, pcs, 5r, phpBB2 - Administrators

andysuttle
New registered user
New registered user

Radio Station Automation software

Post by andysuttle »

I thought that DirEttore was a great program. It is fully automated and is free!
If you want the Pro version just donate a few dollars and he'll send it to you, plus free updates as and when they come out.
Try the free version... it's great

http://www.mixtime.com/
rlevis
New registered user
New registered user

Post by rlevis »

Yeah, it's ok, but it's not that powerful in the sceduling department. You get what you pay for. You really need a separate scheduler to the automation system. One that provides voice tracking for example.

I can use StationPlaylist to record DJ announcements in between songs that will play later in the day or week. This is possible because scheduling is done in advance.

This can overlap the voice tracks with the start of the next song (while reducing the volume of the song slightly) which sounds just like a live voice-over. The voice track is timed to finish just before the vocals of the song start with perfect timing. It makes the station soiund very professional and live with very little work.

Well apart from timing the intros of each song, but that's a once off job. I could go on about other features but I won't.
Teflon Don
New registered user
New registered user

Zara Radio 1.6.1 & SAM party DJ 3.4.2

Post by Teflon Don »

Hello All,
I downloaded Zara radio first because it was FREE.
+ Free
++ very easy to use
+++ does what is says it can do except
- could not get any DSP plugins to work and need at least compression & EQ.

2nd I downloaded SAM DJ - suffice to say I went back to there website and bought it 1 hr later.
+++++ great control over the sound processing. Now I'm getting a really professional sound on the air - better than some local stations - I know thats not saying much around here. BE carefull not to over process - when I do I can just go back and load a preset and start over.
rlevis
New registered user
New registered user

Re: Zara Radio 1.6.1 & SAM party DJ 3.4.2

Post by rlevis »

Yeah, I tried SAM and a few others, but I also tried StationPlaylist and once I got to grip with it, it's much better than any others I tried including SAM.

It comes wih a 5 band compressor/limiter for processing the sound, which sounds perfect, with several presets available. Automatic advanced crossfading based on volumes inside the files, etc. It sounds very professional without doing any work.
Whole Wheat
New registered user
New registered user

iTunes/iCal Setup

Post by Whole Wheat »

I am in the process of building a scheduling system that uses iTunes for a library and audio aggregator (via RSS), then using iCal and a shell script for automated playback. iTunes sends its audio stream to AudioHijack/Nicecast, allowing me to run a compressor or other DSP effects, along with an MP3 stream I can grab remotely. To tie it all together, iTunes uses the NowPlaying plugin to log all music playback to a MySQL database. Of course, this can all be remotely managed via SSH, VNC, or Remote Desktop.

All in all, this allows for fairly simple one- or two-person operation that is highly scalable and customizable... if you are the unix-hacker type. I think the best part is using RSS/podcasting to feed in new material from other DJs who broadcast on the station (read decentralized). While there is some magic to running it all live, station automation can be extremely helpful (but that's another thread altogether).

The only caveat is this setup requires a Mac running OSX. For those interested, I plan to post a package online later this summer; after I have had more time to test it.

:D
kiss916se
New registered user
New registered user

Post by kiss916se »

will have a radio station but need differnt news travel and weather feed at the same time but in diffrent area .....

ie studio is in london so when london news going out while in liverpool there diffrent news there but come from the smae studio as an Mp3

like running 4 diffrent mp3 in 4 diffrent area at same time for one studio ( all mp3 are recored ) any one know the soft ware to this problem
help
bezerk
Regular poster
Regular poster

Post by bezerk »

Try SAM4 its great~!
Last edited by bezerk on Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rlevis
New registered user
New registered user

Post by rlevis »

We've done something like this with StationPlaylist ( http://www.stationplaylist.com ) using inaudible tones. You can schedule a 1 or 2 second file containing a pure tone of around 35 hertz and schedule this just before the news break. You can purchase a tone detector for StationPlaylist Studio which will tell it to skip to the next track when a tone is detected in the audio.

This requires a separate StationPlaylist Studio player for each separate audio feed and one for the main common feed. The common feed can be entering the other Studio players via the line input of the soundcard, or as an internet stream which Studio can play.

However, tones were used in this case because the Studio players were in different cities around the country. I believe in your case, all the audio feeds need to be produced from the one location which makes it easier.

In this case you don't need to use tones. Studio can control an LPT port and set pins high or low based on break notes scheduled in the playlist. So you could set a pin high just as a news break is to occur on the main Studio player.

Studio can also detect pin changes on the LPT port, so the other Studio players can detect a change on a pin and jump out of the main feed and play local tracks for set lengths before joining the main feed again

Some minor engineering will be required to get the voltage change on the common feed Studio player to the other Studio players, but this should work very well.

Regards,
Ross.
kiss916se
New registered user
New registered user

Post by kiss916se »

lads and ladies thanks for your repley
here gose again my news read is doing the news but there two durgs busted one in london and outher is livepool so in london hear her talking about that bust , per recored will in livepool she chat about that aswell again recored as mp3 but all log in to the pc with software at the studio ( main studio )

but when news over the dj cover hole area again now here want to give the weather in london and livepool but again two mp3 per recored london weather is sun shine 17oC livepool is over cast and rain 13oC

SAM4 can & will pull news/weather/sports automatically - and from different source - each install location. ? so need dsl are ISDN lines ? with computers ? could tell me more please bezerk

thanks
djhubbalubba
Compulsive poster:)
Compulsive poster:)

Post by djhubbalubba »

I use SAM 4.2.2 its a good program i think. The only thing who is negative is that is it a little unstable. Take a time to load next song.

Its great with the line-in function so you can take news bulletins from sattelite :)
bezerk
Regular poster
Regular poster

Post by bezerk »

SAM4 will do it
Last edited by bezerk on Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kiss916se
New registered user
New registered user

Post by kiss916se »

djhubbalubbamay want to stop run outher programs ask in the 2 stations and the It guy say the pc in the studio are not on line and only run Sam

i am only project manager so i have take in all the cost of this new station we hope to open 15 off them in the next 2 years in the EU states , I cant tell you what States we doing in but wont be Uk are ireland ,

bezerk as i am on the road alot cant load here to the labtop but when home next week i am going load it , We have in the 3 studios . Yes all the jocks love SAM for what i hear and we in the station want live 24 hour jocks not a pc software running it full time need that live person in the studio , now we a small station but growth was told my one off arrival station that we the Ryanair off radio statons . Ha love it

Now can i sent all that down one uhf link to next tx unit and ship on again ......

thanks again for all the help here
cool place and love read some old and new posts
pcs
Site master
Site master

Post by pcs »

kiss916se wrote:
thanks again for all the help here
cool place and love read some old and new posts
Regarding old posts, you may find some from NormB.
Some years ago we had a true nut case here, some of the regulars will remember.
There were daily posts about black magic, Belize, delusional rumblings about God
and similar stuff :)

Had to kick him out and clean out most of the posts eventually.
Best regards,
Marko - PCS Electronics
--------------------------------------------------------
Turn your PC into a FM radio station!
http://www.pcs-electronics.com
fax +386 4 2316 128
Gentz
Regular poster
Regular poster

Post by Gentz »

problem with sam 4 is so many bugs with it, if the pc is several cores, crashes alot, etc...i do like sam but if only these problems were solved.........would prefer another similiar to sam i beleive dsr2006 does it but not sure.....