CyberMax FM Lock Problem

Discussions regarding our FM transmitters, DX reports, antenna designs, problems...

Moderators: Sir Nigel, Nina, pcs, 5r, phpBB2 - Administrators

whiplash
New registered user
New registered user

CyberMax FM Lock Problem

Post by whiplash »

Hi,
Got my Cybermax 15W unit a couple of weeks ago. Sounds awesome except I have a problem. In a song with heavy bass, the PLL lock light comes on for a couple of seconds. The preset I use for my compressor/limiter carries this warning:

Note: not for use on fm-exciters with analog PLL. if your soundcard is worth plugging into your airchain, it can probably generate frequencies that are low enough to lock it. this preset is hitting around -5db RMS most of the time, so it wouldn't take long for it to happen.
Is there any way around this problem?
Thanks in advance
Curtley
intertech
Regular poster
Regular poster

CyberMax FM Lock Problem

Post by intertech »

Curtley,

When the PLL unlocked light comes on under the environment you described it is always due to overload on the audio/modulation circuits, reducing the audio input level will elminate this issue, or if you have the DSP model set the threshold to -18 or -21 dB this will act as a limiter within the unit and prevent the overmodulation circuit from cutting in.

Chris
It is what it is...
whiplash
New registered user
New registered user

Post by whiplash »

Thanks very much Chris, sorry everyone for the newbie question. I'll try your suggestion.
Curtley