PCS Electronics PCS Electronics - home page PCS Electronics  
RegisterSearchFAQAM & FM Radio transmitters shop UsergroupsLog in
CYBERMAX15 swr/lock light keeps coming on

Reply to topic    PCS-Electronics Forum Index » FM transmitters View previous topic
View next topic
CYBERMAX15 swr/lock light keeps coming on
gtpc
New registered user
New registered user

Post CYBERMAX15 swr/lock light keeps coming on Reply with quote
Please help! Transmitter plays great at about 15W... waiting for new antenna, but current one has SWR 1:1.5 and the sound is very clear most of the time. Every 5-15 minutes or so the output dies as the red light comes on. I may be losing signal lock, but can't figure how to change that. My model doesn't seem to be the same one as is on the CD because they speak of a small pin beside the red light to adjust RF power. Mine is adjusted by the menu button on the LCD screen. I can't see anywhere in the PDF on the CD what or how to set the signal lock, base, treble, threshold, compression, etc. Don't know what all these are even! I have WINAMP set to about 50% and the sound is really clear most of the time. When the red light came on, I tried to lower the winamp slider [volume], and even muted the sound coming out of the computer, and it made no difference. The red light goes out after about 30 seconds by itself. I am using rgu58(?) coax with a 70 foot high tower. Power supply is new 13.8V 6amp max, 4.2 amp sustained. Sure could use some help here.
Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:45 pm View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
pcs
Site master
Site master

Post Reply with quote
Look at the manual for MAX PRO 3+, locate temp protection trimmer and move it a bit more to high.

Your version is probably Model A, without DSP so those functions won't do a thing for you.
If you have a version with DSP, look at the manual for SE4 DSP+ for help.

Should be fine after that.

Turn your PC into a FM radio station!
http://www.pcs-electronics.com
fax +386 4 2316 128
Sun Jul 09, 2006 11:05 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
gtpc
New registered user
New registered user

Post Reply with quote
Thank you. I will try this in a few days. For now, a small fan has rescued us and seems to be working. The
'compression' menu item does seem to work, as does the base and treble, but some of the other ones like threshold just change my transmitting frequency to 96 for some reason, so we will not do that again!
Mon Jul 10, 2006 12:03 am View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    PCS-Electronics Forum Index » FM transmitters All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: