Building Transmitter HELP!

Share your experience regarding radio transmitters and broadcasting with other users!

Moderators: Sir Nigel, Nina, pcs, 5r, phpBB2 - Administrators

Spinnin
New registered user
New registered user

Building Transmitter HELP!

Post by Spinnin »

Is it possible to mount an antenna out a window.
I am in a apartment building and dont have access to the roof, it is the tallest structure in the area. I understand I could only broadcast 1 direction. What would you recommend?

Next year, I will be living in a house. The house is as tall as other houses in the 1/2 area, but then slope downward all around (its a slightly elevated area). How much would this hurt my distance if I am running 7 watts.

Thanx
Spinnin
New registered user
New registered user

Antenna

Post by Spinnin »

Does anyone have any experience of using antennas out a window?
znight
Regular poster
Regular poster

Post by znight »

Why can you only broadcast in 1 direction? Unless of course, you are using a directional antenna. Even so, you will still radiate a signal in all directions.. it's just more powerful where the antenna is pointed.
Spinnin
New registered user
New registered user

Yea...

Post by Spinnin »

I need to find a way to get on the roof, there are other RF transmitting antennas on the roof already. I have no further information as to what they are. Would it be possible to put it up there with them?

How would I mount it in a tree?
znight
Regular poster
Regular poster

Post by znight »

In a tree... :lol: Funny you mention that. I had mine mounted in a tree and was getting 20+ miles of range on 100 watts. You know what I mounted it with? DUCT TAPE... really, no joke.. just use about half a roll on it and that damn thing will never come off.
goaway
New registered user
New registered user

Antenna in tree

Post by goaway »

Znight's transmission carried off pretty well, usually in crowded areas it came in best. I would first look into what youre reciving it with, as cheap walkman's dont really pick up anything low power at all :roll:. about any half decent car stereo should work tho.