fm transmitter help

Discussions regarding our FM transmitters, DX reports, antenna designs, problems...

Moderators: Sir Nigel, Nina, pcs, 5r, phpBB2 - Administrators

Jarney
New registered user
New registered user

fm transmitter help

Post by Jarney »

Hello,
I am interested in building a small fm transmitter for listening to music where I work. I've built one from a schematic I found on the internet that works but it gets a lot of interference, static, etc and is not quite strong enough to reach all the radios in the plant. It was originally a bug with a microphone but I took out the mic and replaced it with an input for a cd/mp3 player. It's a 3 transistor (2n2222's) circuit. I've been working on it off and on for about 4 months and have pretty much given up messing with it - keep hitting brick walls trying to get the desired results.

I've searched and searched the internet - hard to find a good forum to get help about this sort of stuff. I have an associates degree in electronics from about 15 years ago or so. But I haven't worked in the field for about 12 years. So electronics stuff is more of a winter hobby that I'm trying to get back into a little bit. So I'm really a newbie again I guess. It's been a long time and I've forgotten most of what I learned.

I noticed the schematics that are on this site for fm transmitters. The one that says "New" Simplest Fm Transmitter (or something like that) (#10 on that page I think) looks very simple. I put it together and am not sure about a few things. For P1 and P2 - I am not quite sure how these are to be hooked up on this diagram. Are 2 of the legs being tied together? For C1 and C2, the symbol has one shaded block and one "clear" block so the tiny + symbol or "clear" block is designating the positive side of these caps? These may be simple and stupid questions so be gentle with me - hahaha.

If you have any other suggestions or ideas, please let me know. I enjoy messing with this stuff, so that is the reason for not just running out and buying a small transmitter at the store. The other problem is that the ones you buy at the stores - that aren't outrageously expensive - are junk. Other people I work with have bought different transmitters at stores and have yet to find one that works very well. I've also heard them complain of the transmitters not working very well in their vehicles either.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
evil_genius
New registered user
New registered user

Post by evil_genius »

do u think u could send me the driagrams ? [-o<