PCS Electronics PCS Electronics - home page PCS Electronics  
RegisterSearchFAQAM & FM Radio transmitters shop UsergroupsLog in
Lurkers, Newbies & Others

Reply to topic    PCS-Electronics Forum Index » PCI MAX transmitters View previous topic
View next topic
Lurkers, Newbies & Others
Ian Kogneato
Regular poster
Regular poster

ei.gif

Post Lurkers, Newbies & Others Reply with quote
Received my PCI-Max 2005. Followed instructions and the first time, received error (stated - try installing on another slot). Five minutes later, I was up and running! Actually, I'm using a docking station with my laptop and I only have one slot. I simply removed the card & uninstalled the software and started over and it worked with no errors.

For a few months, I was a lurker here. I just wanted to say to the lurkers or those that are unsure ... that this is a fine product! I noticed that some people had questions that didn't appear to receive resolution ... and with the forum being down a few months ago, I was skeptical, but with the forum back up, I took a chance. I'm sure glad I did!

With the simple wire antenna (inside the house), I'm getting 1/5th of a mile. The sound quality issues, from what I've read in the past seem to be just that ... (in the past). The sound quality is great!

I have not set up my 15W booster and Mains Power Supply for booster yet, so I'm unable to comment, but wanted to give a big THANKS to the people at PCI-Max!!!
Wed Jul 06, 2005 7:34 am View user's profile Send private message
Ian Kogneato
Regular poster
Regular poster

ei.gif

Post Reply with quote
The abvoe post was posted "Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 6:34 am"

Jan 22, 2006: Today I finally got around to also using the 15W booster and Mains Power Supply.

The good: Sound quality was great!!! I was really blown away at how good this sounded

The "I'm not sure yet" : I was only able to get 9 watts max power reading (unit was in a cool area and not over-heating) .

I'm using a FM Yagi (I need more power in a certain direction). This was a test transmission (antenna placed 15 ft high and a few trees around the area). My range was about 2 1/4 miles South, East and West)

Though I'm not sure about the max 9 watts (got my power supply at a radio shack - as suggest on the board) , the setup was easy and... it was a very fun day!
Tue Jan 24, 2006 6:00 am View user's profile Send private message
pcs
Site master
Site master

Post Reply with quote
15v is what it takes. I bet you're using 13.8?

Turn your PC into a FM radio station!
http://www.pcs-electronics.com
fax +386 4 2316 128
Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:19 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Ian Kogneato
Regular poster
Regular poster

ei.gif

Post Reply with quote
13.8 it is. d'oh!

Applause Thanks!

For more than a half a year, I've been looking forward to trying out the entire unit. The ease and sound quality were better than I was expecting.
Tue Jan 24, 2006 11:18 am View user's profile Send private message
Ian Kogneato
Regular poster
Regular poster

ei.gif

Post Reply with quote
It seems that when some people have a problem, they never seem to reply after there's been resolvement.

Did my second test broadcast today. Not sure what I did different, but this time, instead of 9 watts, I was between 17 and 18 . Maybe it needed to warm up? In any case, I' m not complaining.
Fri Feb 03, 2006 5:33 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    PCS-Electronics Forum Index » PCI MAX transmitters All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: