PCI MAX 2005/2006 Doesn't work-Read here for driver solution

All posts related to PCI MAX transmittors go here!

Moderators: Sir Nigel, Nina, pcs, 5r, phpBB2 - Administrators

pcs
Site master
Site master

Post by pcs »

And regarding some recent posts made by someone from Ireland,
think about this and try and do all this by yourself, with no assistance from anyone:

- Come up with a rather novel idea that attracts attention of many entusiasts, Playboy, TechTV etc.
- Develop HW for a rather complex computer board
- Write your driver, low level and high level
- Route the PCB yourself and do it really good as well
- Maintain your website, incl pictures, html, coding
- Write all your manuals yourself
- Be available daily on MSN messanger to answer questions, even on weekends
- Answer 20-50 emails daily
- Kiss away most weekends, I live 1/2h from a skiing resort but have not gone there even once this season, even though I'd love to.
- Keep introducing 3-4 new products yearly, usually of a kind not found anywhere else, all developed by yourself, with everything listed above included
- Take care of stock and order materials when needed yourself
- Run support and repair service yourself

Edit: I forgot to mention helping Nina with proformas and taking care of birocratic matters, which are always a nuisance. I'm sure I forgot other
stuff, such as reading-up on new stuff in the field etc etc. But you should get the picture by now.

Those who understand that they're not shopping at Walmart, which is about 99% of customers, are rewarded with great support and we often bend over backwards to help people out.

3-4 rude customers a year are welcomed by a different kind of support :P
Last edited by pcs on Sun Jan 22, 2006 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Best regards,
Marko - PCS Electronics
--------------------------------------------------------
Turn your PC into a FM radio station!
http://www.pcs-electronics.com
fax +386 4 2316 128
Ian Kogneato
Regular poster
Regular poster

Post by Ian Kogneato »

Wow... how about that? :o

At least I now know how to receive a rapid fire response!

I had to laugh along with you about the Walmart response. I'm sure you are quite busy with orders etc... However, I'm sure that no one appreciates getting ignored and then seeing you post to others that posted afterwards. I do not expect someone to kiss my feet but.... there's no polite way of saying it... ignoring a customer and then continuing to post to others afterwards is a major "slap in the face". Do you think I'll eagerly buy that new antenna or consider upgrading - following such a situation?

If it is a matter of someone (such as myself) posting about a problem and you do not know the answer. How about at least acknowledging? An "I don't know, but I'll try to find an answer" is better than ignoring someone.

I've said before that you make good products, but this board is not a "privilege"(as you've implied). You and I know that this forum is necessary , if you want to sell to those such as myself (who may be skeptical of sending money to a business out of the country) .

I'm not trying to start an argument here. I'm just tired of visiting the board and seeing people such as myself get overlooked or having questions side-stepped.
pcs
Site master
Site master

Post by pcs »

Ian Kogneato wrote:Wow... how about that? :o
If it is a matter of someone (such as myself) posting about a problem and you do not know the answer. How about at least acknowledging? An "I don't know, but I'll try to find an answer" is better than ignoring someone.
I do what I can. If its a complex question or I don't have time at the moment I just look at it and leave it for later. More often than not I don't have time to recheck unanswered messages later and thats where it stays.
Ian Kogneato wrote: I've said before that you make good products, but this board is not a "privilege"(as you've implied). You and I know that this forum is necessary , if you want to sell to those such as myself (who may be skeptical of sending money to a business out of the country) .
I don't agree here, the forum does not make that much of a difference.
As much as it can help womewhat it also enables one unsatisfied customer to do major damage. So the jury is still out on this one. Shutting it down would definitely take off some workload and that just might happen one day. Companies with forums are extremely rare for a reason.
Ian Kogneato wrote: I'm not trying to start an argument here. I'm just tired of visiting the board and seeing people such as myself get overlooked or having questions side-stepped.
E-mail me directly, that way you always get a response.
Best regards,
Marko - PCS Electronics
fax +386 4 2316 128
erobertg
Compulsive poster:)

Post by erobertg »

[quote="pcs"][quote="erobertg"]It worked! :)
Now get this, I have a new 2006 card that worked several weeks with the 2005 software. Then it died for no apparent reason. Is there a similar problem with the 2006 software.

I downloaded the following 2004 software per Sir Nigel's recommendation...

PCI MAX 2004 (Updated on July 19th, 2004 - 1,7MB) for WinXP, 98, and 95 (usually also works in ME and 2000) This is for the new PCI MAX 2004 without the power adjustment trimmer (now adjustable in software)!

And the card worked again. :)

I'm pleased but somehow I do think an explanation is necessary. :-?[/quote]

I suspect perhaps the card is not firmly seated in the PCI slot?!

I do not expect 2006 driver would do anything for this.[/quote]
Did even read the original message I sent?

Try new english translator software... :)
Sir Nigel

Post by Sir Nigel »

Just to recap what's going on. For those using the 2005 and 2006 card, just about no one is able to run it using the 2005 drivers (or continue to use if with the drivers). If you can get the driver to work in the first place you're fortunate, however likely it will say "failed locking device" soon and you'll have to follow this fix:

First it's recommended that you first try to remove all versions of the driver and simply use the 2004 version. If that doesn't work, sometimes it helps to also install the 2005 drivers (so their files are simply on the computer) after the 2004 ones and then try running the 2004 application and see if that helps.

When Marko gets a chance I'm sure he'll be able to release a new 2006 driver, but until then I recommend you all just follow the possible fixes and quit complaining as I'm sure the poor bloke already knows about the problems. :P
-empty-
erobertg

Post by erobertg »

The 2004 driver works fine.

One thing however, it has has to be "turned off" before closing the control window.
Ian Kogneato
Regular poster
Regular poster

Post by Ian Kogneato »

Just wanted to say thanks for addressing the issues and for the mature response.

anhisr
Regular poster
Regular poster

Post by anhisr »

Mark,
How can something work under 2004 driver nbut, not 2005 driver and the reason is the card is not seated right? That doesn't add up! If it is a seating problem then, it wouldn't matter what program you are trying to run. It wouldn't find the card! My card works with the 2004 drivers but not 2005 though not as well. I think you have a problem and are grasping at anything to explain it. Here is a new one, even though the card works, my computer , using XP Pro, thinks that the PCI MAX is a network card. Any thoughts on the matter?
jerry
pcs
Site master
Site master

Post by pcs »

There's nothing strange about this.

Seating problem would explain it in a case where no driver would work.

Whether its detected as a network card or not is not problematic.
Same chipset can be used for network cards as well. Its just a matter
of calling it "an apple" or "a carrot". It'll still work as PCI MAX
regardless of what its called in control panel, even if it says its a mother
board.

Either 2004 or 2005 driver work fine with the 2006 cards. The PCI
interface is almost completely identical to the 2005 cards.

There are currently 2-3 people with potential driver problems with the
2006 cards, which is less than 1% of the entire number of cards out
there. Some of those who complain lately actually have the 2005 cards
and there might in fact be motherboard compatibility problems with 2005
cards and some new types of motherboards, those will not be fixed by
any driver. This is not a problem of the 2006+ cards.

There are > 30 waiting for the RDS daughter boards. so I'm working
on the more important thing right now and if I have a spare minute also
on the upcoming new website, which is a real joy to do now the major
problems were fixed.

Regarding RDS daughter board, the first pcb went into prototype phase
yesterday. I want it done properly and intend for it to be fully usable in
stand-alone mode as well with certain advanced options and rs232 support. I'll be upgrading the rds max as well since the source code is
very similar.

The new website is already usable, you could already buy something, but there are graphics to do and broken links etc to fix.

Marko
Best regards,
Marko - PCS Electronics
fax +386 4 2316 128
Ian Kogneato
Regular poster
Regular poster

Post by Ian Kogneato »

Mr. PCS & Sir Nigel,

I'm now using the 2004 software and things are working fine again. :) Last night, I was real frustrated :x ... you see.... I had such great results a few days ago, and then last night I must have taken the card out and rebooted 10 or 15 times, but kept getting errors. I removed the 2005 software (I use the 2005 card) and then installed the 2004 software and upon rebooting, things work great!

I can't speak for others, but it is such a good rush to broadcast! When there is an error, our (or at least my) emotion can go from being happy to anger in a matter of minutes. I guess we all have our days, but over all, I wanted to say that I am very happy with the products.

If I'm unable to get past 9W with my 15W amp (after following your above instructions) , I may post again, but I will try to be more nice about it.

drumman
Regular poster
Regular poster

Post by drumman »

:cry:
Where is my card? It has been about 3 months since I returned my old one, I miss broadcasting :cry: ,Have you guys forgotten me? :cry: Maybe I`ll get my replacement someday.

Bob
pcs
Site master
Site master

Post by pcs »

I'll post complete order info and tracking info here on Monday.
Best regards,
Marko - PCS Electronics
fax +386 4 2316 128
drumman
Regular poster
Regular poster

Post by drumman »

Oh please do, I can`t wait to get it back and get things up and going again, but hea you guys being behind sounds like business is going good.

Bob
drumman
Regular poster
Regular poster

Got my card today

Post by drumman »

it`s running on the 2004 software as of now, but my amp isn`t putting out quite it`s max but I would say that is O.K. i`ll have a little reserve just in case, but it`s here and I`m fixing to start testing in a little while.

thanks
Bob
ClintJCL
New registered user
New registered user

well

Post by ClintJCL »

How are we supposed to magically know where these driver downloads are? That I don't get. I got here via google. I would not even know about this forum otherwise. The search engine on pcs-electronics.com returns 0 results for "drivers"...
-Clint
pcs
Site master
Site master

Post by pcs »

Its right there with other vital info, in a box named Information in the left side bar. #-o

http://www.pcs-electronics.com/information_support.php

Search was broken last week and index is in the process of being re-built today.
Should work fine from today's evening on.
Best regards,
Marko - PCS Electronics
fax +386 4 2316 128
ClintJCL
New registered user
New registered user

Thanks!

Post by ClintJCL »

Thanks..... I guess I just didn't pick it out there in the sea of tiny links, which I could not even read on my television. But when I surfed there with a computer-with-a-monitor, I could read it and find it. Got the driver installed. Just hafta reboot and see if it fixes my problem.

Mine isn't an installation problem. It was working for many months, and mysteriously stopped without me changing anything. Then it started working again for a few weeks, and stopped working again, for good. . .
-Clint
pcs
Site master
Site master

Post by pcs »

We'll have a new driver out together with PCI MAX 2007+ version,
which is now about 2-3 weeks away.
Best regards,
Marko - PCS Electronics