PCS Electronics PCS Electronics - home page PCS Electronics  
RegisterSearchFAQAM & FM Radio transmitters shop UsergroupsLog in
PCI Max 2006 Installation & Performance Summary

Reply to topic    PCS-Electronics Forum Index » PCI MAX transmitters View previous topic
View next topic
PCI Max 2006 Installation & Performance Summary
sparks239436
New registered user
New registered user

Post PCI Max 2006 Installation & Performance Summary Reply with quote
Installed the 350mw card using version 2005 software & drivers. The card is a very tight fit in the PCI slot. Installation failed the first few attempts with a warning to reinstall software and/or change PCI slots. Performed both without any initial success. Discovered an extra cold boot resolved this issue. Unknown if this solution was by accident or design as I stopped investigating upon a good install. The card and software have performed flawlessly since.

Card performance is outstanding. Signal strength appears to meet or exceed specifications even with the wire antenna that accompanied the unit. A usable signal can be detected well beyond 1000 meters at line of sight conditions without obstructions. Signal quality, separation, noise levels are all outstanding. I was quite surprised to observe that computer noise was totally supressed. My only disappointment is that I didn't purchase the 1 watt unit as I now have interested listeners well beyond the 1000 meter range.
Wed Dec 21, 2005 5:08 pm View user's profile Send private message
pcs
Site master
Site master

Post Reply with quote
Have you tried to use external power supply?

Turn your PC into a FM radio station!
http://www.pcs-electronics.com
fax +386 4 2316 128
Wed Dec 21, 2005 5:16 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
sparks239436
New registered user
New registered user

Post Reply with quote
No, prefer not to as the back of my system looks like a rat's nest as it ius. This system is really loaded. Will an external power supply increase signal strength? I may reconsider.
Wed Dec 21, 2005 6:11 pm View user's profile Send private message
Sir Nigel

us.gif

Post Reply with quote
It increased my power output, so yes, I'd recommend it.

I already had a 5+watt power supply for my booster, so I just cut off the wire part of a power supply (the small ones you plug into the wall socket) that was sitting around my house, plugged one end into the xmitter and connected the wires to my big power supply.

I'm just saying it's fairly easy to rig something up to give your card more power.

Wed Dec 21, 2005 10:41 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Reply to topic    PCS-Electronics Forum Index » PCI MAX transmitters All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: