telephone calls with the CM 15w

Discussions regarding our FM transmitters, DX reports, antenna designs, problems...

Moderators: Sir Nigel, Nina, pcs, 5r, phpBB2 - Administrators

cafr
New registered user
New registered user

telephone calls with the CM 15w

Post by cafr »

Hello to all of you Kind Folks,

First off, this probably is not the correct place to post such a question so I don't blame you if it is moved.

We need to assume a few things about me to save time (these may or may not be true):

1) I already have the cybermax 15watt xmitter and i get a single about three mile radius in my city and it broadcasts on the Internet for sh!ts and giggles.

2) the antenna I have is fine and is at a good location. I don't want to get too high with it or else it may interfere with other radio operations.

3) I xmit on a totally dead station, stay away FCC. :-D

4) the music and dialouge is great

What I would like to do is have callers be able to call and and place them on the air. I would not give my number out over the air but it would be given to select few to be put on the air. I understand the quality may not be too great since I only have your typical American house lines---not ISDN quality and that is fine since I do not want to make too many monthly expensises.

How would this be possible?

On this great website there are devices used that interface between a telephone and the rj11 telephone cord. Do I simply get one of these devices, you chose, to the audio mixer and to the telephone line and we're able to transmit telephone calls over the air?

Before going on and asking another question these look like they would work fine--correct me if I am wrong:
HC1 HANDY COUPLER
AUTOHYBRID
INLINE PATCH

I suppose Ideally I would like to remotly broadcast, or have friends do this, from their cell phones, house phones, or even--yes they are still around--payphones. In order to do this, would someone have to manually pick up the telephone at the "station" and put the caller on the line or could this be automated somehow?

One final question for you kind and patient folks.

What the hell does the ComPack do that these other devices can't? From a cell phone, could I plug in an XLR mic? But in order for me to get on air with this, I'd have to have a) someone at the "station" in order to answer the telephone and b) another telephone type device, correct?

If you can understand this, any advice would be greatly kind of you.

Thanks so much.
"No man's life, liberty or fortune is safe while our legislature is in session."

–Benjamin Franklin
(1706-1790)
cafr
New registered user
New registered user

Post by cafr »

All Right Folks,

After reading JKAudio.com 's website, I have gained only a slight headache and more confusion.

I like the--natually--most expensive telephone device that this site (pcs) sells, the compack: http://jkaudio.com/compack.htm because you can do this in the field and connect it to anything. Plus, you can send any audio through it...i.e. minidisc player recordings.

But in order for this to be any use at the 'studio', you have to have another device to connect from the phone line to the mixer to the xmitter. RIGHT??

If all of this is correct, what unit would be a good for the studio? I would still be interested in knowing if remote radio hosting is possible--meaning no one is here to answer the telephone call.

I hope this does not give you a headache as well.

Thanks.
"No man's life, liberty or fortune is safe while our legislature is in session."

–Benjamin Franklin
(1706-1790)