Current Project: Elevator prank

This is the place where you can ask questions
related to schematics posted on our website
and request new schematics. We will try to post whatever is possible.

Moderators: Sir Nigel, Nina, pcs, 5r, phpBB2 - Administrators

snownet
New registered user
New registered user

Current Project: Elevator prank

Post by snownet »

Hello all,
First, allow myself to introduce myself; I am currently a grade 12 student, but I have no problem handling scientific stuff. I have built electronic gadgets before (Tesla coil, fly back driver, powerful electro magnet), but nothing like my current project.

Next, I shall describe my project.
I wish to build two transmitters and two receivers, and then group them in transmitter/receiver pairs(kind of like walkie-talkies, but a lot stronger). The first transmitting/receiving set will stay with me, it will need a pitch/tone adjuster on the transmitter to make my my voice sound deep and echo some what. The other set will be placed in an elevator. When I hear someone step in the elevator alone, I will start off a conversation as follows:
Me: “bob… this is god bob. You have made me quite unhappy bob. So I am condemning you to HELL!”
Hopefully they will respond along the lines of:
Them “Im not bob”
Me “oh… how embarrassing… next time you see bob, can you tell them that he is condemned to hell?”

Alternatively, other such fun might ensue.

The obvious problem with an elevator is that it might act as a faraday cage, so I would have to trail the antenna outside of the elevator. The shaft also might act as a faraday cage.

So my question would be, is there an easy ways to pull this off? And if not, what are the difficult ways?

Cheers
Michael
inportb
New registered user
New registered user

Post by inportb »

The elevator in question very likely has an intercom built into it. I think you'd be better off tapping the intercom lines...