That noise ...

All posts related to PCI MAX transmittors go here!

Moderators: Sir Nigel, Nina, pcs, 5r, phpBB2 - Administrators

Rich714
New registered user
New registered user

That noise ...

Post by Rich714 »

Since I already had one, I tried using a good quality external power supply to run my PCI MAX 2005. Unfortunately it does not eliminate the PC noise I'm experiencing. ALTHOUGH, the noise really isn't that bad; 'The Max' is a dynamite little transmitter.
A question: I can't seem to get the transmitter to fire up when I first turn on my computer. I have to restart the PC before being able to sign on the air. Anybody else have this experience? I've tried different settings, such as having the PCIMAX start with Windows, but I get the same thing. Any ideas/advice?

Rich
Sir Nigel

Post by Sir Nigel »

Well I just know that in my case the external power supply idea didn't work either.

Are you resuming your computer from standby/hibernate when the transmitter doesn't work without restarting? I've heard this is an issue you just have to deal with.
-empty-
Rich714
New registered user
New registered user

Post by Rich714 »

Actually, I'm unable to fire up the transmitter when starting up my computer from a complete shutdown. When I start the computer from standby/hibernate mode, I am able to turn on the transmitter. So lately I've been leaving the 'puter in standby, instead of shutting it down :)