antenna construction question for 87.9fm help please

Discuss antenna construction, problems, tuning, designs...

Moderators: Sir Nigel, Nina, pcs, 5r, phpBB2 - Administrators

nyackradio
New registered user
New registered user

antenna construction question for 87.9fm help please

Post by nyackradio »

first question...i have a comet 5/8 groundplane i am trying to determine the top element length for the frequency 87.9fm the instructions only have it as only 88-108 freq range, i tried to extend the upper element to 1000 mm trying to figure it out trial by error, but i am getting no lock on my veronica tx and it is tuned to 89.7fm i dont know if the same formula for 5/8 groundplanes apply to this antenna cause it only has 3 radials ??

second question what is a better antenna design to use at this frequency, and are there contruction plans on the net..

i know this freq is not offically an fm freq, but it is not being used by anything in my area (channel6) ect

thank you for your help and time

john

ironaction@yahoo.com
Titanium
Regular poster
Regular poster

Post by Titanium »

Tune it to 88

.1 wont make any discernable difference, its a matter of millimetres (if that!) by the time you have hauled the aerial up and its been buffetted by the wind and covered in rain and whatever other weather elements are thrown at it,all your precise accururate measurements will count largely for nothing anyway! - thats the reality :)
Black_Hawk
Compulsive poster:)
Compulsive poster:)
Location: Entering The Flags...but simply an arm wielding a sword signifying power

HEY CHECK OUT THIS DZINE_LL COOL J IT IS CALLED

Post by Black_Hawk »

HERE IS THE LINK KLIK IT AND CHECK OUT THE LL COOL J DERIVATIVE..SCALE IT BACK FOR 89MHZ

http://www.hamuniverse.com/2mladjpole.html
deeplist
Regular poster
Regular poster

Post by deeplist »

I would not recomend that you use that frequency. 87.9 is technically a television frequency. The FM band does not start until 88.1 MHz. I was already contacted by a government agency when I was using that same frequency.
pcs
Site master
Site master

Post by pcs »

Depends where you are. It is FM radio frequency in europe.
Best regards,
Marko - PCS Electronics
--------------------------------------------------------
Turn your PC into a FM radio station!
http://www.pcs-electronics.com
fax +386 4 2316 128