A Couple of questions...

Discussions regarding our FM transmitters, DX reports, antenna designs, problems...

Moderators: Sir Nigel, Nina, pcs, 5r, phpBB2 - Administrators

maxbax
New registered user
New registered user

A Couple of questions...

Post by maxbax »

I have a couple of questions for anyone that can help me out. They should be very simple for someone "in the know."

1.) I have been eyeing the Max Pro III but I was wondering "BAND I - version for STL." What is it used for? I have been googling to try to figure that out but havent come up with much.

2.) Has anyone here found a good solution for mounting a antenna in a car for the MAX PRO III - 15W? I would like to find a very mobil antenna for this kind of setup. Preferably, I would like to replace the factory installed antenna on my car with one for this kind of setup. I would like the antenna to look somewhat like factory. I understand that this kind of set-up will give me very limited range and such, and that I am ok with. I was told that some of the mobil ham antennas may work well. Any Ideas? Is it possible to use such a antenna for both fm reception and transmission? (not at the same time)

I am so excited to learn more about all of this! I cant hardly stand it. I am still on the edge of buying the MAX PRO III - 15W... Honestly if it was just a little less money I would have no hesitation. It looks to be a very amazing product! =D> Thank you in advance for helping me learn!
pcs
Site master
Site master

Post by pcs »

STL version is the same product, but for another frequency
band. It is used as a link between transmitter and your studio,
that's why its called STL (studio transmitter link).

It is not what you want, basically.
Best regards,
Marko - PCS Electronics
--------------------------------------------------------
Turn your PC into a FM radio station!
http://www.pcs-electronics.com
fax +386 4 2316 128
maxbax
New registered user
New registered user

Ahhh... That makes sense!

Post by maxbax »

Thanks for your prompt reply! That clears up all the confusion on the STL.

If anybody has any helpful information for me on the antenna situation that would be awesome! Thanks!