about my station i want to start

This is the place where you can ask questions
related to schematics posted on our website
and request new schematics. We will try to post whatever is possible.

Moderators: Sir Nigel, Nina, pcs, 5r, phpBB2 - Administrators

Xtreme Radio
New registered user
New registered user

about my station i want to start

Post by Xtreme Radio »

ok well i understand how radio works and all that. I have an online radio station. You could check that out at www.djxtremeradio.tk
I want to go on fm. I live in the US so i understand you need a license for all this but i couldn't get one becuase all stations are taken pretty much. I want to start a pirate radio on 87.9fm or 88.0fm. I would like it to reach about 10 miles. I would like to know which transmitter to get and wut type of antenna. Thanks for all of your help. I like this site nice job!
Xtreme Radio
New registered user
New registered user

Post by Xtreme Radio »

i also want people to be able to listen in there car while moving.
this would be nice. im goin to play all kinds of music.
erobertg
Compulsive poster:)
Compulsive poster:)

15 WATTS OUGHT TO DO THE JOB

Post by erobertg »

First off, the FCC does a lousy job of granting frequencies. There is a certain college station with an output of 13 watts with a license. I live about 4 miles from the station about and I have trouble receiving it because there is another high powered station about 60 miles away on the same frequency. I found there is a couple of frequencies in the FM spectrum that are perfectly quiet and strangely enough the FCC isn't taking applications. It seems the FCC isn’t very technical but more politically motivated.

My advice, choose your frequency wisely and use low power. Get the Cybermax 5-7 watt or the 15 watt, good coax and a 5/8 wave antenna as high as practical. You will be pleasantly surprised at the range. Today’s car radios are quite sensitive. :)
Xtreme Radio
New registered user
New registered user

Post by Xtreme Radio »

yea the frequency i pick up on 87.9 pr 88.0fm are not strong at all so i probably will be able to set this all up. i got some bad news, my audio mixer just broke it was good one to, a mackie 12 channel mixer. does anyone know where i could get a good one for relatively cheap.
Xtreme Radio
New registered user
New registered user

Post by Xtreme Radio »

ok well im goin to talk to my dad. he said he doesnt really want to do it because, we have two lower power tv stations and my dad doesnt want that takin away. if we start this i cant get a license because the frequency is taken here. you really dont here anything at all on the frequency so i dont know hwo it will interfere. i would like it to reach 10 miles or more. i live on a hill which about at eye level we can see an 800 ft mountain straight on which is about 20 miles away. i am guessing we r pretty high up so the antenna could be clamed up to my chimney and ill have the low loss cable come into my room into the transmitter which gets hooked up to my audio mixer, which gets hooked up to all of my other equipment. i want to know which transmitter and which antenna to get from this site so i could be in buisness. ii dont think anyone will know if im using the frequency because nonbody listens to it and its very fuzzy if u were to listen so im just goin to go on that frequency which is 87.9 fm. can anyone please help me and recomend wut i should buy?