Shipping

All posts related to PCI MAX transmittors go here!

Moderators: Sir Nigel, Nina, pcs, 5r, phpBB2 - Administrators

desireradio
New registered user
New registered user

Shipping

Post by desireradio »

Hi there,

I'm in Ireland and looking at the complete PCI Max kit from PCS (transmitter, booster & PSU). However I'm not sure of the legalities of sending something like this through the post :-?

I was wondering are there any issues I should know regarding shipping items like this to the EU, i.e. are there ever problems?
Is it possible to have them sent through ordinary mail or are they sent by courier?
If I ordered the PCI Max card on its own, could this be sent through ordinary mail?
Finally will the box have a big sticker on the outside saying "Transmitter" :roll:

desireradio
pcs
Site master
Site master

Post by pcs »

We are based in EU, it does not go through any customs.
Best regards,
Marko - PCS Electronics
--------------------------------------------------------
Turn your PC into a FM radio station!
http://www.pcs-electronics.com
fax +386 4 2316 128
aidanpete
New registered user
New registered user

Post by aidanpete »

i live in ireland i got one and there was no problem. it comes in a nice brown box so comreg won't have a clue....
desireradio
New registered user
New registered user

Post by desireradio »

Thanks for the info, yes I see now that its only the antennas etc that come from the US.
Will consult my financial adviser! :wink:
pcs
Site master
Site master

Post by pcs »

You mean your wife?

:P
Best regards,
Marko - PCS Electronics
--------------------------------------------------------
Turn your PC into a FM radio station!
http://www.pcs-electronics.com
fax +386 4 2316 128
frankh19
Regular poster
Regular poster

Post by frankh19 »

The card is shipped in a plain box and sent registered mail to the U.S.
Frank
East Hill Radio
desireradio
New registered user
New registered user

Post by desireradio »

frankh19 wrote:The card is shipped in a plain box and sent registered mail
The registered mail is a bit of a nuisance... i tend not to be around to sign for these things and it causes a lot of hassle.
It's a shame it doesn't come in ordinary mail... although I understand about the risk of sending valuables through the post etc

Anyway, 2 further questions:

1. Is it possible to connect the PCI Max to a laptop; or is there any possibility of a laptop-compatible PCI Max coming out in the future?

2. Would the amplifier be counted technically as a transmitter? If not, then a licence wouldn't be needed for it
Sir Nigel

Post by Sir Nigel »

You can use the external LED module for a laptop, however it would be really nice if someone invented an external enclosure for PCI cards. :D It would be something like a USB 2.0 interface and a box for your extra PCI cards.

As far as licensing, the amplifier's output would be what gets licensed. Unless you mean just to have the thing, then no.
-empty-
Ian Kogneato
Regular poster
Regular poster

Post by Ian Kogneato »

As to being able to run this from a laptop, I think I have a solution. Well... actually this may depend on your laptop.

I'm having to do things one step at a time. My financial advisor (aka live-in girlfriend) is unaware of my broadcasting tendencies. I haven't ordered the pci max yet, but I have ordered a docking station for my IBM laptop. The docking station has one slot that includes a half-size PCI slot (for desktop cards) . In fact, I ordered this specifically for this purpose. Will it work? I will not know until I have ordered the pci-max card and probably will not know until the end of the year.

Of course, if anyone else here has the capabilities to try this out, then I'm sure that a lot of us would be interested.