PCS Electronics PCS Electronics - home page PCS Electronics  
RegisterSearchFAQAM & FM Radio transmitters shop UsergroupsLog in
Also Received New AM Max II DSP transmitter .. Ham Version

Reply to topic    PCS-Electronics Forum Index » AM transmitters View previous topic
View next topic
Also Received New AM Max II DSP transmitter .. Ham Version
Larry
New registered user
New registered user

Post Also Received New AM Max II DSP transmitter .. Ham Version Reply with quote
About a week ago I received my new AM Max II DSP transmitter. I have a variable power supply that will allow me to run the voltage up to about 24 volts and I am seeing about 10 watts of output at that setting. I have been testing it at about 20 volts however and getting about 6 watts. Pray

I am using it to drive an Ameritron AL-80B amplifier on the 7 mhz ham radio band and I get 100 watts of very clean signal out of the amplifier. I have had 20 or so contacts all over the eastern US with excellent reports on the audio. Applause

Regarding the audio, the DSP unit is great! It allows various settings for the compression and I especially like the filter settings that allow me to control the bandwidth, when condition don't permit higher fidelity. Since I use external processing, I will soon be disabling part of the onboard features, which is totally under firmware control on the AM Max II!

PCS .. a great job on this unit! I'm having a lot of fun with it. Applause

--Larry W8ER
Fri Sep 24, 2004 5:30 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Reply to topic    PCS-Electronics Forum Index » AM transmitters All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: