BEST DX with our AM MAX I

Discussions regarding our AM transmitters, DX reports, antenna designs, problems...

Moderators: Sir Nigel, Nina, pcs, 5r, phpBB2 - Administrators

pcs
Site master
Site master

BEST DX with our AM MAX I

Post by pcs »

This topic is dedicated to distance reports, achieved with our new AM MAX transmitter. We'd like to know how far did you guys get with 10W.

We're hoping for some impressive figures.
Best regards,
Marko - PCS Electronics
--------------------------------------------------------
Turn your PC into a FM radio station!
http://www.pcs-electronics.com
fax +386 4 2316 128
joel

can you get 100 miles?

Post by joel »

hi. can i patch amplifiers onto this model? how much power goes how far in a flat desert. I want to transmit 100 miles. what are we talking about?
pcs
Site master
Site master

Post by pcs »

Sure, you can add amplifiers as much as you want.
Best regards,
Marko - PCS Electronics
--------------------------------------------------------
Turn your PC into a FM radio station!
http://www.pcs-electronics.com
fax +386 4 2316 128

Post by Guest »

want to transmit 100 miles. what are we talking about?
AS with FM, the range is dependent of the efficiency of the antenna. Transmitting 100 miles with full coverage between the antenna and the receiver in all directions is a pretty tall order even with a full 1/4 wave antenna and an excellent ground system underneath. Assuming you listen to AM broadcast, you most likely have never heard stations broadcast reliably in this range unless they are using super antennas and running 10KW or more.

10 watts into a shortend antenna that's resonant, you can cover a small town nicely. Hey, it's only a couple hundred bucks. :D

Hope this helps, John :P
uniquec
New registered user
New registered user

There is no substitute for putting "Metal in the Sky&qu

Post by uniquec »

Tropospheric Enhancement and Ducting (TROPO)

Tropospheric Enhancement (aka Tropospheric Refraction) is common under normal conditions. On most clear nights, the ground radiates and the air near the ground cools. Eventually an inversion is formed and signals begin to refract off the inversion.

Tropospheric Ducting is an abnormal condition. An inversion has formed at a much higher level above the ground. The vast majority of duct-producing inversions lie between 450 and 1500 m (1500 to 5000 ft) with a few between 1500 and 3000 m.

Image........Take a look at this map. The FM DX receiver reaches 500 km on normal conditions and 1000 km on extreme conditions. To get an idea of the distance. The distance between FM DX Skurup and say "Münster/Germany" is approx 500km in a straight line.