PCS Electronics PCS Electronics - home page PCS Electronics  
RegisterSearchFAQAM & FM Radio transmitters shop UsergroupsLog in
What equipment do I need?

 
Reply to topic    PCS-Electronics Forum Index » PC Software & Hardware View previous topic
View next topic
What equipment do I need?
Author Message
jstmtchbx
New registered user
New registered user


Joined: 24 Aug 2004
Posts: 3

Post What equipment do I need? Reply with quote
I am trying to finalize equipment needs to start up an internet radio station. I live just outside Chicago, Illinois.

I know I need a pc computer, but I would like to transmit on FM to a distance of 4-10 miles. I have read alot of stuff and really confused on how to do this and what equipment is needed. I am planning on using SAM2 Broadcasting software. Also, I am not very good at putting together electronic equipment from a kit. So everything needs to be ready to go out of the box sort of speaking....

Thanks in advance

Tom
Tue Aug 24, 2004 6:59 pm View user's profile Send private message
pcs
Site master
Site master


Joined: 18 Jan 2002
Posts: 3063
Location: Radio Land

Post Reply with quote
Let's clear up what you're trying to accomplish first.

1.) Internet radio station does not really require any electronics,
but just a PC with internet connection and some software, such as
SAM2.

2.) Internet radio station is not limited by range, you can receive
it anywhere where you have Internet.

So what do you actually want to do?

_________________
Best regards,
Marko - PCS Electronics
--------------------------------------------------------
Turn your PC into a FM radio station!
http://www.pcs-electronics.com
fax +386 4 2316 128
Tue Aug 24, 2004 7:05 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
jstmtchbx
New registered user
New registered user


Joined: 24 Aug 2004
Posts: 3

Post Reply with quote
pcs wrote:
Let's clear up what you're trying to accomplish first.

1.) Internet radio station does not really require any electronics,
but just a PC with internet connection and some software, such as
SAM2.

2.) Internet radio station is not limited by range, you can receive
it anywhere where you have Internet.

So what do you actually want to do?


I understand about the internet. I would like to transmit on FM radio, anyone in range who is in their car can hear my station, or they can play it on a stereo in their home, instead going on the internet.

Tom
Tue Aug 24, 2004 8:07 pm View user's profile Send private message
pcs
Site master
Site master


Joined: 18 Jan 2002
Posts: 3063
Location: Radio Land

Post Reply with quote
But did you read this then?

http://www.pcs-electronics.com/en/guide.php?sub=howto

PCI MAX 2004 is the simplest possible start you could imagine.
You can add a 15W booster later.

http://www.pcs-electronics.com/en/products.php?sub=pc_fm_trans
http://www.pcs-electronics.com/en/products.php?sub=amplifiers

The professional way of doing it would be to use CyberMAX LCD
or a similar stand alone unit. Cool thing about CyberMAX LCD
is that it can be purchased in a version with mains power supply
which eliminates one extra thing for you to think about.

http://www.pcs-electronics.com/en/products.php?sub=fm_transmitters

Comet antenna will do the job nicely, but so will others on the site.
YOu can make one yourself, designs are in the guides section.

http://www.pcs-electronics.com/en/guide.php?sub=antennas

_________________
Best regards,
Marko - PCS Electronics
--------------------------------------------------------
Turn your PC into a FM radio station!
http://www.pcs-electronics.com
fax +386 4 2316 128
Wed Aug 25, 2004 12:28 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
jstmtchbx
New registered user
New registered user


Joined: 24 Aug 2004
Posts: 3

Post Reply with quote
pcs wrote:
But did you read this then?

http://www.pcs-electronics.com/en/guide.php?sub=howto

PCI MAX 2004 is the simplest possible start you could imagine.
You can add a 15W booster later.

http://www.pcs-electronics.com/en/products.php?sub=pc_fm_trans
http://www.pcs-electronics.com/en/products.php?sub=amplifiers

The professional way of doing it would be to use CyberMAX LCD
or a similar stand alone unit. Cool thing about CyberMAX LCD
is that it can be purchased in a version with mains power supply
which eliminates one extra thing for you to think about.

http://www.pcs-electronics.com/en/products.php?sub=fm_transmitters

Comet antenna will do the job nicely, but so will others on the site.
YOu can make one yourself, designs are in the guides section.

http://www.pcs-electronics.com/en/guide.php?sub=antennas


Is everything built or do I have to build the amplifiers, PC Max, or CYBERMAX. I am not an electronics wizard and would like everything built.

Tom
Wed Aug 25, 2004 1:30 am View user's profile Send private message
pcs
Site master
Site master


Joined: 18 Jan 2002
Posts: 3063
Location: Radio Land

Post Reply with quote
Everything I mentioned is assembled.

_________________
Best regards,
Marko - PCS Electronics
--------------------------------------------------------
Turn your PC into a FM radio station!
http://www.pcs-electronics.com
fax +386 4 2316 128
Wed Aug 25, 2004 1:46 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
USppp1
New registered user
New registered user


Joined: 25 Aug 2004
Posts: 6
Location: Fort Wayne IN USA

Post Re: What equipment do I need? Reply with quote
jstmtchbx wrote:
I am trying to finalize equipment needs to start up an internet radio station. I live just outside Chicago, Illinois.

I know I need a pc computer, but I would like to transmit on FM to a distance of 4-10 miles. I have read alot of stuff and really confused on how to do this and what equipment is needed. I am planning on using SAM2 Broadcasting software. Also, I am not very good at putting together electronic equipment from a kit. So everything needs to be ready to go out of the box sort of speaking....

Thanks in advance

Tom



What I found for the hot setup in the PC was really nice P4 running lots of ram and for radio software use Jazler XP from www.jazler.com the software is great! does every thing get the demo and try it.. I also run mp3 gain on all mp3's to level adjust all audio to the same audio power + or - 1 db that way music levels don't vary.

AL
Wed Aug 25, 2004 7:37 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
pcs
Site master
Site master


Joined: 18 Jan 2002
Posts: 3063
Location: Radio Land

Post Reply with quote
Welcome to the forum, Al.

PS: About your package, we'll sort that out.

_________________
Best regards,
Marko - PCS Electronics
--------------------------------------------------------
Turn your PC into a FM radio station!
http://www.pcs-electronics.com
fax +386 4 2316 128
Wed Aug 25, 2004 7:41 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:    
Reply to topic    PCS-Electronics Forum Index » PC Software & Hardware All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to: 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group