Transmitter Componant Placement?

Discussions regarding our FM transmitters, DX reports, antenna designs, problems...

Moderators: Sir Nigel, Nina, pcs, 5r, phpBB2 - Administrators

apollo
New registered user
New registered user

Transmitter Componant Placement?

Post by apollo »

Are there any problems when installing a power amplifier (20-30w) inside the same enclosure as the exciter, limiter and stereo encoder?

Using the existing BNC connecter (Output) of the transmitter, is there an ideal length for the cable to the input of the power amplifier?

When being powered from an external power source, are any precautions necessary on the dc feedlines as far as length, isolation or placement that may interfere with the transmitter's output?

Thanks for you feedback...
Black_Hawk
Compulsive poster:)
Location: Entering The Flags...but simply an arm wielding a sword signifying power

SURE THERE ARE VARIOUS PRECAUTIONS THAT NEEDS TO BE OBSERVED

Post by Black_Hawk »

Depending on the environment..the customer and the cash flow that is available to hire my technical services ,Then you would not have to be concerned with such trivialites....If you are so knowledgeable to be able to solicit help from reading your post...then it is obvious that you know enough to realize that you need to contract my services...for a Price($$$.$$)....As i said the freebies are over and done with for everyone.

And also may i advise anyone that requires Technical Services..There is a consultational fee right off the Bat..And if the Answers require a detailed 'planation..the cost for such knowledge shall be proportionate..The actual solutions are priced at a different rate as well.

I hope that was helpfull enough.

"Walk Good"...Norman Michael Barrow..The Cockfighter
apollo
New registered user
New registered user

Open Message To The PCS Forums

Post by apollo »

Thank you for your response to my questions!

Over the years I have been involved with many forums, whose general objective is to provide users seeking information upon like subjects, by sharing the knowledge, thus preventing the reinvention of the wheel. I have to admit that this is the rudest, most ignorant forum I have ever logged on to. I had not realized that this was some kind of private club or an employment agency for would be know it alls! I would suggest that you close this forum to the general public, obviously as a support forum it is a total loss and not worth the time and effort to attempt to join such a worthless source of information, populated by “smart a**” losers.

Thanks again for you ignorant response to my questions. I will go elsewhere! Thanks for the heads-up!
Antler

Post by Antler »

smart a**” losers
One smarta** loser anyway.

Re your question. I am guessing here that if you don't go too wild on the amp by using lot of power, that it would work fine in the same enclosure. At the 20 - 30 watt level you may need to do some shielding to prevent RF feed back (which causes all kinds of problems). Shielding is pretty easy to do if you know what you are doing. (I am thinking a metal chassis inside your transmitter (ventilated, of course).

The way I see it, go ahead and try it. You don't have much to lose other than an hour or two of your time.

Regards, A-man 8)
pcs
Site master
Site master

Post by pcs »

This is a free forum, all kinds of posts from all kinds of people.

It is not: "You ask, PCS stuff answers" kind of thing.
This forum is here for you, people interested in low power radio
broadcasting. If you want to turn it into a piggery ascribe this
to yourselves.

Its more like: "You ask, everyone answers". Just be prepared to
get all kinds of responses, good and bad.

If you've got a question for Pcs electronics please use the feedback form
or email provided.
Best regards,
Marko - PCS Electronics
--------------------------------------------------------
Turn your PC into a FM radio station!
http://www.pcs-electronics.com
fax +386 4 2316 128