help me how to design an Antenna (Fm Tranmitter)

Discuss antenna construction, problems, tuning, designs...

Moderators: Sir Nigel, Nina, pcs, 5r, phpBB2 - Administrators

crystalgraceamodia
New registered user
New registered user

help me how to design an Antenna (Fm Tranmitter)

Post by crystalgraceamodia »

:( Any body there know how to design or having a design of a good Fm transmitter antenna? plss if u guys have one, can I have a copy of it... as early as possible its our project. actually I already have the transmitter but my problem is, it is not functioning well may be an antenna will do my transmitter is 88 to 108 Mhz using an IC no transistor. plsss... help :cry:
Rham_page
Antler
Compulsive poster:)

Post by Antler »

Here is a set of plans that I found on the net. I spent two hours and twenty bucks building this antenna and it works great. I used stainless bolts instead of the clamps for attaching the coax.

Good luck. 8)

Black_Hawk
Location: Entering The Flags...but simply an arm wielding a sword signifying power

Post by Black_Hawk »

Black_Hawk
Location: Entering The Flags...but simply an arm wielding a sword signifying power

Post by Black_Hawk »

Black_Hawk

MORE SUPER J-POLE DESIGNS_USEING JAVA SCRIPT CALCUALTIONS

Post by Black_Hawk »

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about the answers. - Thomas Pynchon..If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think they'll hate you. - Don Marquis..
Black_Hawk

HERE ARE THE RELEVANT URL's

Post by Black_Hawk »

Just Plugin the frequency of interest..say 97.5 MegaHurtz and bada bing bada boom you got your precalculated elements and Matching sections all worked out for YOU....EZ ain't it Peoples.

Klik it

http://www.marktwain.net/~aschmitz/ante ... ecalc.html
Last edited by Black_Hawk on Sat May 29, 2004 5:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Black_Hawk

TOTALLY PINK FLOYD DZINES..MORE J POLE INSURRECTIONS

Post by Black_Hawk »

This Particular SITE I HIGHLY 'REKOMMEND'.."TEORY" AND PRACTICAL DZINES APPZ...VERY INFORMATIVE FOR ALL YOU WANNA BE PIRATE RADIO ENTHUSIASTS

KLIK IT http://www.mycal.net/old/projects/mpr/jpole.htm

Respects..Storminorm
Black_Hawk

MORE JPOLE DZINES.

Post by Black_Hawk »

Once again Pretty well laid out for you folks that are seriously interested in constructing a very economical Antenna (HOME DEPOT SPECIAL) Get the Bernz_O_matic torch out..one can use some Mapp Gaz if a Higher Heat intensity is required,,that way the Copper fittings are sweat soldered rapidly(i am a very impatient Guy at times whenever constructing these Kind of Antennas..I guess the reason being i have built so many of them..the fascination wears off after a while)then with your tubeing cutter and Hacksaw...wack..wack..solder..wack..wack solder and Done deal.

For all you lazy bones out there you find it difficult to get a calculator and pen and a piece of paper out..apply the Java script calculator by haz un klik

http://www.hamuniverse.com/jpole.html
Black_Hawk

FEED AND MOUNT SECTION EXPLODED VIEW

Post by Black_Hawk »

Black_Hawk

EL CHEAPO 300 OHM TV TWIN LEAD DESIGN

Post by Black_Hawk »

I HAVE NEVER BUILT ONE OF THESE..SO CANT VOUCH FOR IT's performance..However seems to be ok on paper as far as design accuracy is concerned.

Last edited by Black_Hawk on Sat May 29, 2004 6:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Black_Hawk

J-POLE BEAM AKA JAY BEAM_THE SUPER FUNK

Post by Black_Hawk »

I call this one the SUPER FUNK..THIS IS THE REAL FUNK FOLKS..THE RADIATOR ELEMENT IS THAT OF A STANDARD J POLE..WITH PARASITIC ELEMENTS TO FOCUS THE RF ENERGY..ONCE AGAIN NEVER HAD THE NEED OR DESIRE TO BUILD ONE OF THESE....JUST PRESENTED OUT OF 'WILD CURIOUSITY

http://www.hamuniverse.com/jbeam.html
If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about the answers. - Thomas Pynchon..If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think they'll hate you. - Don Marquis..
Antler

Post by Antler »

Anybody have the dimentions on a good Circular Polarized antenna? I saw them on the net a few weeks ago but seemed to have lost the link so I haven't been able to find my way back to the site. This is what the antenna should look like.

8)
Antler

Post by Antler »

Re the plans for a CP antennna. Someone on another forum found this link for me and here it is if you are interested.

:D

Link: http://members.tripod.com/~AMN92/cp_ant.htm
Black_Hawk

TOO CUMBERSOME A DESIGN AS SHOWN

Post by Black_Hawk »

I Built the first PROTOTYPE of those Antennas whilst i was visiting Sarasota Florida...However did not really like the Performance to Physical Rigidity as far as Stacking and ease of assembly etc..etc...So i refined the design considerably and opted for another Design that was a lot more robust and easier to consctuct whilst maintaining the Electrical Characteristics of the ERI ring and stub.

Here is a bit of trivia concerning the manner in which i tuned the first Antenna as per that Design shown..I was able to resonate with(In Sarasota) :evil: Katherine Harris a Bush Republican Foot soldier :evil: ..From a reciprocity gain thoerem of Antennas i was able to determine that Harris was on her knees and i heard :P "Sucking Noises" :P being radiated from her headquarters...Apparently she was doing a bit of Tuning herself...Rumours has it she was tuning or Primeing :D :x :x Jeb Bush :x :x :D

Also Mark(members.tripod.com/~AMN92/cp_ant.)
has made some very negative comments in relation to Black Liberation Radio..Which i thought was quite Racially offensive towards Black Folks on a whole...Especially in this Country of the USA.
Antler

Post by Antler »

I just could not stop myself from thinking that something that is "store bought" would be better than something home made. I bought the Comet 5/8th colinear and was totally dissatisfied with it. I found the "common" J pole to be twice as effective as the comet. I guess I will build and try the "Super J" today and see how that works out.

A-man
Black_Hawk

The BASIC Formula / La FORMULE de base

Post by Black_Hawk »

stylzmovement

Post by stylzmovement »

I will like to collaborate on building this antenna
[/img]https://www.dropbox.com/s/m2hye2s6kjv2q ... us.jpg[img][/img]
pcs
Site master
Site master

Post by pcs »

Here's a good starting point:
http://web.mit.edu/

:)
Best regards,
Marko - PCS Electronics
--------------------------------------------------------
Turn your PC into a FM radio station!
http://www.pcs-electronics.com
fax +386 4 2316 128
stylzmovement

Post by stylzmovement »

Say something,
Here's my resume
I attended pcs university, no need for mit
From March 2 2014 march 11 2014
Graduated today
Courses: read the entire antenna forum, did not miss any.
Talk to me now.
pcs
Site master
Site master

Post by pcs »

If you graduated you don't need any help :)

I would check the ARRL handbook, it is very useful with chapters dedicated to many aspects of radio and antenna construction.
Best regards,
Marko - PCS Electronics
--------------------------------------------------------
Turn your PC into a FM radio station!
http://www.pcs-electronics.com
fax +386 4 2316 128