PCS Electronics PCS Electronics - home page PCS Electronics  
RegisterSearchFAQAM & FM Radio transmitters shop UsergroupsLog in
Need assistance

Reply to topic    PCS-Electronics Forum Index » PCI MAX transmitters View previous topic
View next topic
Need assistance
E-Crazy

Post Need assistance Reply with quote
Im looking into broadcasting over a 15-20 Mile Radius
If I buy PCI Max, The 15W Booster, And The Comet Antenna, How Far Would I Be Able To Broadcast??...Is there a way to add more power to broadcast to a bigger audience without buyin a huge antenna?
And about The Call Letters/Numbers...Can You Choose what Station your on, or is it automatic??
And is there a way to block yourself from trackers??

THank You
Fri Apr 30, 2004 7:57 am
Sir Nigel

us.gif

Post Reply with quote
Let's say your antenna is 70' high then the 15w booster will probably cover 6 miles. Anything more will be rather inconsistent. That's why you see these sites that would make you believe that you could go 10 miles or so. That's rather unlikely because they don't take into the fact that the earth isn't flat.

As far as trackers go, I don't know of any way to prevent the authorities from locating you. You should consider getting a license for low power broadcasting.

So if you want to go about 20 miles, then consider a very tall tower and a good amount of watts!

Fri Apr 30, 2004 4:49 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Reply to topic    PCS-Electronics Forum Index » PCI MAX transmitters All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: