Help identify this transmitter, please?

Share your experience regarding radio transmitters and broadcasting with other users!

Moderators: Sir Nigel, Nina, pcs, 5r, phpBB2 - Administrators

lanceboil
New registered user
New registered user

Post by lanceboil »

Hello,
I am trying to positively identify this transmitter, a picture of one is here:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/ebayISAPI.dll?Mf ... otohosting

So far I have not been able to find anything on this site that is indentical. I would like to have any manuals and documentation for this unit so I will know exactly how to set it up, test it, and all of the specs and such.

Here is another page with a little bit of info to help you help me identify this transmitter:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 1368352668

I specifically need to know about the tuning and test procedures for this unit, and exactly what is meant when the LCD screen says "tune to lowest" in the test/tuning mode.
pcs
Site master
Site master

Post by pcs »

This is the old MAX 1 unit, at least a couple
years old.

Tune to lowest means that you need to tune
the variable caps so that the pitch of audio
is lowest!
Best regards,
Marko - PCS Electronics
--------------------------------------------------------
Turn your PC into a FM radio station!
http://www.pcs-electronics.com
fax +386 4 2316 128
lanceboil
New registered user
New registered user

Post by lanceboil »

Hey thanks Marko!
Could you please be a bit more specific? Tunes which caps? To which audio? Is it the little paizo-electric on the circuit board that I am listening to?

Is there somewhere I can download the COMPLETE documentation and manuals for this unit?

Cheers,

On 2002-08-10 15:58, pcs wrote:
This is the old MAX 1 unit, at least a couple
years old.

Tune to lowest means that you need to tune
the variable caps so that the pitch of audio
is lowest!
lanceboil
New registered user
New registered user

Post by lanceboil »

On 2002-08-11 05:20, StormiNorm wrote:
very sloppy and unprofessional integration...Get a refund Sir
Heh...maybe so, but I wouldnt know "sloppy and unprofessional" "integration" from a bucket of pig slop. But Ive got what Ive got, and Im not going to get a refund anyway.

I WOULD however, like to find the documentation and manuals for this unit so i can make the most of it, and get it on the air.

Perhaps you could help here, if you know the answers:
What, exactly, is "Mux Level"? There is a knob on the unit that says "Mux Level", abnd I have no idea what a "Mux" is, and what Level it should be, or how to tell if the level of Mux is correct. Can you fill me in here?

When I fire up the unit, the lights come on, the LCD does its thing, and it seems to be going.
I have a 1/8th inch phone plug comming out of my sound card, it terminates in two (stereo) RCA plugs, which I have going into adapters that turn them into 1/4 inch phone plugs, and those are plugged into a Y-splitter, making a stereo 1/4 inch phono plug, then into a 1/4 inch to XLR adapter that plugs into the left (or right) XLR audio input of the broadcast warehouse stereo thingymabob. (Which is in turn wired to the PCS exciter/transmitter, which was identified as a Max-1 unit)
Now, my reciever is tuned to the correct frequency, and draws a completely SILENT signal...meaning there is something there, but there is no program, or music comming through. As though I am broadcasting without any program. I have tried different combinations of switch positions for pre-emph, mono/stero, and "CUP" (whatever that is?)
Still no music being broadcast. And I do not get a "stereo" light comming on on the reciever.

So where am I going wrong? And what should I do to fix it?

I have also got a 25 watt broadband amp that I have not yet tried hooking up...I wanna wait and make sure everything else is opperating correctly first.

I do not possess an SWR meter or any other such tools or devices.

Thanks a lot for any information or help you might be able to impart upon us poor lost souls!

Cheers!
lanceboil