Coax and PCI Max

All posts related to PCI MAX transmittors go here!

Moderators: Sir Nigel, Nina, pcs, 5r, phpBB2 - Administrators

stylee
New registered user
New registered user

Coax and PCI Max

Post by stylee »

To anyone that has one of these Pci max and is using RG58 coax i recomend getting rid of it and using RG213. I have recently done that and my signal has improved loads and the sound quality is much much better, dont hear hardly any pc noise now alot more quiet. All I have done is made a tiny patch cable with RG58, roughly 4" and have that connected from the pci max to the RG213 then i have a run of about 40 feet connected to a dipole. BIG improvment
RadioMan
Regular poster
Regular poster

Post by RadioMan »

i am using RG59/u but am considering rg-58u in it's place. Please give your pros vs con's...what is the real difference?
help
Padioman
Sir Nigel

Post by Sir Nigel »

I have to buy some more cable and I am considering switching over to Belden 9086.

Check out this:

http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/cable/coax.html
-empty-
stylee
New registered user
New registered user

Post by stylee »

RadioMan wrote:i am using RG59/u but am considering rg-58u in it's place. Please give your pros vs con's...what is the real difference?
help
Padioman
The Pro's are more powerful signal. less pc noise, if your using the pc's power supply like i am at the mo that is. Con's = More Expensive than RG58.

As sir Nigel has said look at the belden. bit more expensive than the RG213, but will be better than the RG213.