PCS Electronics PCS Electronics - home page PCS Electronics  
RegisterSearchFAQAM & FM Radio transmitters shop UsergroupsLog in
HIDING FROM THE FCC

Reply to topic    PCS-Electronics Forum Index » Users share experience... View previous topic
View next topic
HIDING FROM THE FCC
BABYCUBY
New registered user
New registered user

Post HIDING FROM THE FCC Reply with quote
HELLO EVERYONE,

I read about a US station that has avoided detection by keeping the studio separate from the antenna by using a 2.4gig wireless ethernet card can you explain how this works?
Mon Jan 26, 2004 2:57 am View user's profile Send private message
Sir Nigel

us.gif

Post Reply with quote
They must be using wifi to transmit their audio over a LAN or perhaps even the internet. Then that audio goes to the transmitter.

Mon Jan 26, 2004 4:39 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
BABYCUBY
New registered user
New registered user

Post Reply with quote
Ok but if they triangualte to,where the transmission/antenna is i don't understand how detedction is avoided. i guess as a newbie i am trying to find the best way to hide from these guys and what type of setup to use. the antenna would be located on a balcony, on the ninth floor of a 10story building in Miami. and i could have the studio a few buildings away on the same street as the antenna. I am thinking about going on air from about 8pm to 2am . clean language talk, unedited music . ANY SUGESSTIONS FOR A NEWBIE. THANKS GUYS
Mon Jan 26, 2004 6:14 am View user's profile Send private message
RadioMan
Regular poster
Regular poster

Post Reply with quote
This is not a solution, but a note about Miami. While researching the FCC and actions it takes against pirates, I remember seeing a page on their website. As far as I can remember they had popped 6 or 7 stations in that market(Miami). All were running 150-2,000 watts, using calls, doing ID's with location, and some were giving phone#s and such. Seems to me that the Commish lists "what not to do" to avoid detection. If I remember, some of the stations were selling advertising. One guy got jail time. He , however, had been caught 2X's before, had equipment confiscated etc.
It should still be on the FCC's web site as I found it just a couple of months ago. What I would say is be careful in Miami (or Minneapolis, or San Diego, or wherever). I think if we are careful not to draw attention to ourselves we should be ok.

RadioMan
Mon Jan 26, 2004 7:22 pm View user's profile Send private message
BABYCUBY
New registered user
New registered user

Post Reply with quote
RADIOMAN, YOU ARE RIGHT ON TARGET, THESE MIAMI GUYS ARE A LITTLE CRAZY, EVERYTHING YOU SAID IS CORRECT I THINK BECAUSE OF THE FLAT LANDSCAPE HERE, THE RADIO STATIONS THAT ARE UNDERGROUND REALLY HAVE GOOD COVERAGE. THEN THEY TAKE ADS, ETC.. JUST LIKE THE BIG BOYS WHICH I THINK IS OVERBOARD. I JUST WANT TO HAVE FUN AND PROMOTE NEW ACTS ALONGSIDE ESTABLISHED ONES.
Mon Jan 26, 2004 8:54 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    PCS-Electronics Forum Index » Users share experience... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: