Pirate to ligit & back to pirate!

Share your experience regarding radio transmitters and broadcasting with other users!

Moderators: Sir Nigel, Nina, pcs, 5r, phpBB2 - Administrators

RadioMan
Regular poster
Regular poster

Pirate to ligit & back to pirate!

Post by RadioMan »

It was a dark & stormy night. But really folks...it all began in 1959..I went to see my favorite DJ at there new studio with a glass window overlooking a street in Minneapolis. I feel in love with radio. Started a Priate station 3 years later. Am 1600 WKLU..."the old & the new, the gay and the blue"(gay meant something different then) was are on air logo. We know nothing about electronics. Having said that we made the xmittler ourselves...Heathkit I think it was. Bought from Allied electronics(I think?) At that time, FCC part 15 rules allowed a max power of 100mw and not more than a 10 ft. antenna. We thought that if 10 ft was good lets go longer. So I went to the hardware store and put a LOT of wire on mom's charge account! We ran the wire out my bedroom window to a telephone pole in the alley...around a power transformer ( I made my best friend shimmey the pole and do all the hazard work)...down to the end of the alley...around another pole...down from 12th ave to 11th, then down to 1oth ave..across the street to the park...then from light pole to light pole across the park to another telephone pole...you get the idea. All told, it ran about 7 blocks to my best friends bedroom window. All was fine and well for about two weeks. Then a guy from the power company (NSP) got himself tangled up in our antenna. They followed the wire to my friends house and my house(they now consisted of NSP, MPLS fire Dept., MPLS police and a few other officials). They still did not know about the radio station! Mom just happened to come home and found everyone mentioned above, along with myself, in the back yard. They took my transmitter away. They also took my mom away...to jail for DUI. She pulled up blasted out of her mind!

Anyway, I went into radio..lasted 30 years..then got into an car accident that knocked out my teeth. I lost my last radio job...couldn't talk. Haven't found a job in the last year..so I bought a xmitter..and POOF i am a pirate again.

Thats my story.
Radio man
pcs
Site master
Site master

Post by pcs »

Damn, that really is a story and a half. Wasn't there something that
could be done about your teeth? Like some kind of a reconstructive
surgery?
Best regards,
Marko - PCS Electronics
--------------------------------------------------------
Turn your PC into a FM radio station!
http://www.pcs-electronics.com
fax +386 4 2316 128
RadioMan
Regular poster
Regular poster

story & 1/2

Post by RadioMan »

Teeth yes. The driver who caused the accident was uninsured and mine had (unbeknowst) to me had run out 1 month before. The state I was living in (minnesota) has great social servicies and paid for dentures. (by the way, I was in the hospital for a month & then a nursing home for over three months recovering from other injuries...bronek leg, knee, pelvis in two places & dislocated hip). My car went to the impound lot and they didn't knkow how to get a hold of me so sold my car after 25 days to pay storage & towing. I found out a week later.

Back to my teeth. I was leaving Minnesota right after my dentures were made. They fit terrible!! The dentist said that that was normal...give it a month to get used to it. Not true. They have never fit and still don't. Saw a dentist in my new town and he said that I had to get new ones. Cost $2,000. Need a job to pay for teeth. Need teeth to get job. Oh well.

Radioman
pcs
Site master
Site master

Post by pcs »

I wish you good luck, man, it is time that you get some good fortune
after all this shit.
Best regards,
Marko - PCS Electronics
--------------------------------------------------------
Turn your PC into a FM radio station!
http://www.pcs-electronics.com
fax +386 4 2316 128
RadioMan
Regular poster
Regular poster

Post by RadioMan »

thanks...
radioman
Black_Hawk
Compulsive poster:)
Compulsive poster:)
Location: Entering The Flags...but simply an arm wielding a sword signifying power

WOW SO SORRY TO HEAR THAT BIG STORY_BLACKAT SYSTEMS

Post by Black_Hawk »

Well here is a change in career that does not require you needing dentures etc..etc.
EVER HEARD OF DIRTY BOMBS? AND RADON EMISSIONS??

http://www.blackcatsystems.com/software/antenna.html

I figured that maybe fitting yourself out with one of these might be a more lucrative and rewarding other than being a Pirate Radio operator...Excutives travellin to the Gulf Region Irak and Afghanii..would lilely hire you thru my agency to provide a 'Early warning and Detection" detail.

I WOZ WINDERING IF IT WOULD BE PROFITABLE FOR ME TO START A RECRUITMENT AGENCY THAT OFFER SUCH SERVICES..I WOZ ALSO THINKING ABOUT GETTING SOME BOMB SNIFFER DOGS TOO
If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about the answers. - Thomas Pynchon..If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think they'll hate you. - Don Marquis..