PCS Electronics PCS Electronics - home page PCS Electronics  
RegisterSearchFAQAM & FM Radio transmitters shop UsergroupsLog in
tuning antennas?

Reply to topic    PCS-Electronics Forum Index » Guides - comments and ideas View previous topic
View next topic
tuning antennas?
king

Post tuning antennas? Reply with quote
is it hard for a begginer to tune an antenna?
Sun Aug 24, 2003 8:19 am

Post Reply with quote
ELABORATE WITH MORE DETAIL..WHAT KIND OF ANTENNA?etc.etc
Mon Aug 25, 2003 9:28 am

Post Reply with quote
Anonymous wrote:
ELABORATE WITH MORE DETAIL..WHAT KIND OF ANTENNA?etc.etc

Mon Aug 25, 2003 9:29 am
Titanium
Regular poster
Regular poster

Post Reply with quote
Use a SWR meter
Fri Nov 21, 2003 1:24 pm View user's profile Send private message
Yoda
Regular poster
Regular poster

Post Reply with quote
Its not hard to tune an antenna, provided that you have a SWR meter (and not an old CB one - has to be the right frequency for the transmitter which i presure is 88-108MHz) and also provided that the antenna IS tunable. Some people make antennas and whilst in the construction they purposley construct the antenna for a specific frequency ie. I constructed an antenna the other day, but it is only intended for about 106MHz and slightly tunable to +- 1MHz or so. Ie it will only go from 105-107MHz to get a good SWR reading.

If you have some old antenna there are ways of re-tuning the antenna to your specific frequency by making the element longer or shorter, but this totally depends on the antenna type and construction.

Read up on antenna construction - try google.

Also I have plans for an antenna that kicks ass (well a bit anyway) if ya want em giz a shout.

Oh, and another thing, if you are tuning your antenna in, drop the power on your TX to about a quarter as this will help you NOT to blow your output transistor when tuning if things go badly wrong - as I did not so long ago when a wire came unsolderd in me antenna - KABOOOOOMMMMM

May the force be with you.

http://www.radiorave.co.uk/
Wed Dec 03, 2003 11:13 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Reply to topic    PCS-Electronics Forum Index » Guides - comments and ideas All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: