PCS Electronics PCS Electronics - home page PCS Electronics  
RegisterSearchFAQAM & FM Radio transmitters shop UsergroupsLog in
My PCI Max Ultra works a treat

Reply to topic    PCS-Electronics Forum Index » PCI MAX transmitters View previous topic
View next topic
My PCI Max Ultra works a treat
stylofone
New registered user
New registered user

Post My PCI Max Ultra works a treat Reply with quote
I got my PCI Max ultra on the air within half an hour of opening the box. I've managed to avoid the problems described in some other posts. Basically I wanted to broadcast just to my house, yard and garage, and maybe a few hundred metres to the local school so I can listen while walking with the kids.

Using the included wire antenna, I get excellent signal throughout the house, garden, garage etc.. It starts to fade about 50 metres up the street. I think if I get some good coax and run the antenna up onto the roof it should reach the school. I don't want it to reach much further so as to avoid getting into trouble. The sound quality is good. I can hear hard disk noise in the silence between songs if I'm listening at high volume. If I get sick of it I will try to eliminate it with an external power supply. Some songs sound a just a little distorted. I think a compression plugin should fix that.

But basically I did the bare minimum - no compression, no fancy aerial, no fiddling with the PC, no SWR meter - and it is doing everything I'd hoped, no problems. If you just want it for this kind of personal broadcasting, it's a snack.
Tue Nov 18, 2003 3:03 am View user's profile Send private message
stylee
New registered user
New registered user

Post Reply with quote
I was thinking about buying one of these PC FM transmitters. ive got a question that i be very grateful if someone can answer. If I was to connect some proper coax cable EG: RG213 and get one of them 5/8 wave antennas and put it on my roof, how far could I Broadcast, Im on very High ground with no obstructions in the way.

Thank You
Tue Nov 18, 2003 2:39 pm View user's profile Send private message
Noble Radio
New registered user
New registered user

Post Reply with quote
My PCI Max is currently connected to a Slim Jim with decent coax. It's currently just leaning in a corner of the room (need to run some coax to the attic) and I get from 3/4 mile to 1 mile. Of course your mileage may vary depending upon terrain etc..
Tue Nov 18, 2003 6:40 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    PCS-Electronics Forum Index » PCI MAX transmitters All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: