PCI MAX on XP

All posts related to PCI MAX transmittors go here!

Moderators: Sir Nigel, Nina, pcs, 5r, phpBB2 - Administrators

mbirk
New registered user
New registered user

Post by mbirk »

I've got a PCI MAX installed in a Windows XP machine. It works, however:

<ul>
<li> 9 times out of 10 (or something like that), the PCI MAX software crashes when I make a change (on/off or change frequency). Does anyone else experience this? It's not a show-stopper, but can be annoying, especially if I want to experiment with different frequencies to see if there is any change in sound quality.
</li>

<li> I plan to set up a web-based control system for broadcasting (only to the other room, for now), so I find the GUI interface inconvenient. I would prefer command line. I see that the GUI actually invokes other programs in a separate process ... is this command line interface documented? I couldn't figure out which programs do what; there seem to be several overlapping ones. In particular, I couldn't figure out which program sets the frequency (which would help in my first problem, probably).
</li>

<li> I'm a programmer, with good C/C++ and systems knowledge (although I've never worked on device drivers). I have looked at the linux driver. If push comes to shove I would consider working on revamped Windows drivers (in C instead of Visual Basic). Is there any interest in this? (However, as I will describe in a separate post, my real objective is to install it on a linux machine, in which case I won't need any of the Windows stuff.)
</li>
</ul>

thanks,
mcb
dj m
New registered user
New registered user

Post by dj m »

9 times out of 10 (or something like that), the PCI MAX software crashes when I make a change (on/off or change frequency). Does anyone else experience this? It's not a show-stopper, but can be annoying, especially if I want to experiment with different frequencies to see if there is any change in sound quality.

This goes for me too. No big deal, but a little bit annoying.

-dj m-
mbirk
New registered user
New registered user

Post by mbirk »

I'm moving the card to a linux machine now, so my Windows XP concerns aren't important to me now. Thanks though.

mcb
pcs
Site master
Site master

Post by pcs »

We are aware of the problem and a new
version of the driver will be released.

Fortunately this only appears on certain
configurations and it doesn't make
using the card impossible.

Best regards,
Marko - PCS Electronics
--------------------------------------------------------
Turn your PC into a FM radio station!
http://www.pcs-electronics.com
fax +386 4 2316 128
pcs
Site master
Site master

Post by pcs »

Its been fixed with the latest version which has been out for a while now!
Best regards,
Marko - PCS Electronics
--------------------------------------------------------
Turn your PC into a FM radio station!
http://www.pcs-electronics.com
fax +386 4 2316 128