PCS FM Dipole

Reply to topic    PCS-Electronics Forum Index » Antennas View previous topic
View next topic
PCS FM Dipole
yugo
New registered user
New registered user

Post PCS FM Dipole Reply with quote
I bought the PCS FM Dipole from you and am now trying to tune it. According to the included documents the antenna should be tuned to 87 MHz. At first I measured (outside) without changing anything. By adjusting the gamma match I got an SWR of roughly 2.4:1. The output power was at 5.4w. Also I noticed that the transmitter (!!!!!!!!!!) heated up quite quickly. It was at 60°C in 5 minutes and I placed it on a heatsink (no metal case yet). So I cut the antenna 0,5cm on each side and measured again. Played around with the gamma match and got values from 2.4:1 to 2.6:1 but the output power was now higher (about 10w - 12w). The transmitter heated up quickly again.

Frequency and mounting position are always the same.

Would you recommend me to cut it down a little bit again? Or am I doing something wrong?
Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:18 pm View user's profile Send private message
yugo
New registered user
New registered user

Post Reply with quote
My transmitter is the MAX PRO 3000+ FM Exciter (forgot to put it into the bracket with those exclamation marks). The frequency I want to tune it to is 87.5 MHz.
Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:24 pm View user's profile Send private message
ABC FM
New registered user
New registered user

Post Reply with quote
one thing that is not in user manual is information about element C. This part of gamma match is also adjustable and it can be pull out cca 20-30cm. If L1 for elements A is exact as in manual, pull element C one by one cm, and in correlation to element B adjust best vswr.

After this little secert about element C i adjusted this antenna for less then 5min at swr 1.1. Antenna worked fine, but i recommand rubber tape for uhf connector.
Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:05 pm View user's profile Send private message
pcs
Site master
Site master

Post Reply with quote
Thank you

Turn your PC into a FM radio station!
http://www.pcs-electronics.com
fax +386 4 2316 128
Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:59 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Reply to topic    PCS-Electronics Forum Index » Antennas All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: