PCS Electronics PCS Electronics - home page PCS Electronics  
RegisterSearchFAQAM & FM Radio transmitters shop UsergroupsLog in
Question about the red light on the 15w FM Booster

Reply to topic    PCS-Electronics Forum Index » PCI MAX transmitters View previous topic
View next topic
Question about the red light on the 15w FM Booster
Ian Kogneato
Regular poster
Regular poster

ei.gif

Post Question about the red light on the 15w FM Booster Reply with quote
Before my PCI Max 3000 arrives from ebay, I decided to power up my 2005 card. It works just as good as always.

Today, I decided to power up my FM booster too. I haven't used my 15w FM Booster in about ten years. There's no dust on the unit and it's been kept well protected.

I purchased my 15w FM booster just before the digital units were available. My unit has the adjustable switch on the outside and also includes the fan inside for cooling.

I noticed that after I turn the dial and get power past 5w, the red light starts to glow a little and if I power it up even higher than 5w, the red light becomes brighter.

My SWR meter shows a good reading of less than 1.5. I use high grade cable ( RG 213 and it's 30 feet).

I've lowered the volume to see if this would reduce the red light. It didn't. I switched to "mono" and the red light became a little brighter.

I no longer have any PDF manual for this unit, but I downloaded the 15w digital manual (to check to see if there was any trouble shooting information). I wasn't able to find any answers about my older unit.

Back in 2006, I probably used the 15w FM booster for a total of 10 - 12 hours. I've taken good care of it (not kept in extreme weather climates over the years or sitting out collecting dust). The fuse still looks good too.

Is there anything I have overlooked? If there are any other suggestions, I would be thankful for any ideas.

Thanks.
Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:37 am View user's profile Send private message
pcs
Site master
Site master

Post Reply with quote
I would not worry about it.

Turn your PC into a FM radio station!
http://www.pcs-electronics.com
fax +386 4 2316 128
Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:26 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Ian Kogneato
Regular poster
Regular poster

ei.gif

Post Reply with quote
That's great to hear. I had forgotten how much fun it was to broadcast a little further beyond (mine is automated and I can drive around and listen). Thanks for the good news response!
Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:17 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    PCS-Electronics Forum Index » PCI MAX transmitters All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: