MAXPRO1 RF Power variable via onboard trimmer

Share your experience regarding radio transmitters and broadcasting with other users!

Moderators: Sir Nigel, Nina, pcs, 5r, phpBB2 - Administrators

zael
New registered user
New registered user

MAXPRO1 RF Power variable via onboard trimmer

Post by zael »

About the MAXPRO1, the RF output power is 0 to 7Watts, variable via onboard trimmer, but, What position of the trimmer gives you the minimun and the maximun power?
StormiNorm

A WATTMETER WOULD HELP YOU TREMENDOUSLY-A MUST HAVE!!

Post by StormiNorm »

Do you have a wattmeter?Most professionals includeing myself do have one and use it to determine such parameters..a must have..However you might be excused since you are a novice..With a D.C voltmeter one can correalate the DC voltage across the Dectector diode that is used to sample the RF,And use that DC level as a extrapolated indication of the RF OUTPUT :-?

Respects..Norm B
nashovsky
New registered user
New registered user

Post by nashovsky »

Thought of doing that , But I dont know if my cheap voltmeter would give a reliable measurement at such high frequency.
Might still be alright for a relative measurement not absolute..
Cheers
zael
New registered user
New registered user

Post by zael »

Yes my friend, of course you I can do that with a wattmeter, but according to the MAXPRO1 design, when you turn the output power trimmer , what position is set to put the minimum watts?, is that all to the left?,

and if I turn the trimmer all to the right, that is suppose to give me the maximum rf output?

What position is supposed to give the maximum an minimum rf output power to the antenna?

it seems that I'm getting the maximum watts when I set the output trimmer to the middle, is that right?