Transmitter Auto Start

All posts related to PCI MAX transmittors go here!

Moderators: Sir Nigel, Nina, pcs, 5r, phpBB2 - Administrators

ray law
Regular poster
Regular poster

Transmitter Auto Start

Post by ray law »

This is a nice feature...... however the transmitter does not shut down when the program is closed.... it shuts off only momentairly then restarts even though the program is closed.

Is there a fix for this??

thank you,

-ray
pcs
Site master
Site master

Post by pcs »

I've noted the problem, I will update the program soon and I will also check for this bug.

M
Best regards,
Marko - PCS Electronics
--------------------------------------------------------
Turn your PC into a FM radio station!
http://www.pcs-electronics.com
fax +386 4 2316 128
ray law
Regular poster
Regular poster

Thank you

Post by ray law »

Do you have any idea as to when this will be resolved ??
pcs
Site master
Site master

Post by pcs »

Quite soon I would say, there will be definitely a new release before end of year.
Best regards,
Marko - PCS Electronics
fax +386 4 2316 128
ray law
Regular poster
Regular poster

Post by ray law »

here are the commands i want to use unlesse u suggest otherwise. these are execuitable commands that can be issued from the "Llight O Rama " software;

to start the transmitter "C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberMaxMicroV4.0\MicroMaxV40.exe" .............. this works fine

to stop the transmitter taskkill /f /im micromaxv40.exe............... this works too but the transmitter does not shutdown.... as i stated previously the program closes the transmitter momentairly quits then restarts...... i need these or another way to control the transmitter so that i do not need to be home when the light show begins and ends...

thank you,

-ray
pcs
Site master
Site master

Post by pcs »

Hi,

I was working on this today and as you close the program the transmitter is shut off as it should be.

So I don't quite understand what you're trying to do.

Do you want it to shut down if for some reason PC is shut down or at some other arbitrary event?
In that case I can make your life easier, for example a separate small exe that you can run that whenever you want to shut power off easily.
Best regards,
Marko - PCS Electronics
fax +386 4 2316 128
ray law
Regular poster
Regular poster

Post by ray law »

I need the capability via the windows command to turn on and turn off the transmitter. I do a christmas light show synchronized to music. The music is broadcast on an fm channel (94.5mHz). I am often not home when the show begins and ends and i do not want to leave the transmtter on when it is not necessary.

I just tried again to simply close "CyberMax Micro v4.0" by clicking on the "X" (close button), the transmitter momentarily shuts down then comes back on. The "automatic refresh" is checked. The "Update at start" is checked "The transmitter power output" is set to 50%. I have power meter connected to my transmitter/antenna.

I do not know how else to explain the issue.

The software i use for the light show allows the use of of the windows command.

I am using windows 7 64 bit....

I get the same result when closing the "CyberMax Micro v4.0" manually as stated above or using the command: "taskkill /f /im micromaxv40.exe"

If you think a small exe will resolve the issue i am willing to try it.

i need the exe to set the Power to around 1 watt, in my case that seems to be around 50% (I have an external pcs 15watt amplifier that wants to have no more than 1 watt at the input.)

then then shut down when closed.

thanks again, i hope this helps clarify the issue,

-ray
pcs
Site master
Site master

Post by pcs »

Well, can you work with VB6.0? If so, I can send you source and you can change the program and make timers to turn the card on at certain hours for example.
Best regards,
Marko - PCS Electronics
fax +386 4 2316 128
ray law
Regular poster
Regular poster

Post by ray law »

i can use visual basic.... if you are willing to send me the source code for CyberMax Micro v4.0 I can modify the code to do what i require.

When I have completed the modifications i will return to you the new code, both the source and the compiled version. Others may find it useful

The Software I use for my light shows already contains methods to issue comands based on events or time-of-day.

Looking forward to the source code.

thank you,

-ray
ray law
Regular poster
Regular poster

Post by ray law »

My email is:

deleted to protect from spam
pcs
Site master
Site master

Post by pcs »

E-mailed just now, hope you come up with something useful for everyone :)

I will delete your email now so you don't get spammed by email harvesters.

Happy 2013!
Best regards,
Marko - PCS Electronics
fax +386 4 2316 128
ray law
Regular poster
Regular poster

Post by ray law »

i received the source code and have been studying it. Do you have a document commonly known as an ICD (Interface control Document) describing the communication protocol for the transmitter?? I would like to better understand the Serial port communication commands, responses, and data format.

thank you,

-ray
pcs
Site master
Site master

Post by pcs »

Have you looked under the code that sends the settings over to the transmitter?
It is naturally tied to the button for sending the settings.

Its documented and nicely structured, should be very easy to figure things out from there.
Best regards,
Marko - PCS Electronics
fax +386 4 2316 128
ray law
Regular poster
Regular poster

Post by ray law »

I did find the necessary information if I were to just create a useful executable for my own use ....... however I have an issue with VB 6.0. I bought a new computer last year and the operating system is windows7 64 bit. Two problems .... VB 6.0 will not run on windows 7 64 bit and I really do not want to load a second operatring system (windows 2000 or windows xp). Microsoft is no longer supporting VB 6.0 They are maintaining compatability of existing executable structures at least through windows8 (no plans beyond that) associated with VB 6.0. That being said, I can redo the whole driver using Visual Studio 2012 making the executable that will continue to be supported into the forseeable future as well as be of value to you and new customers.

Having the com structure for the transmitter/RDS would make it a little easier for me to implement a new version using visual studio c++ or visual studio VB.net.

So if you have the com structure documented and you will email it to me I can move on more quickly.....

-ray
pcs
Site master
Site master

Post by pcs »

Hi,

VB6 works under Win 7 - 64 bit, I am running it on that platform myself.

M
Best regards,
Marko - PCS Electronics
fax +386 4 2316 128
ray law
Regular poster
Regular poster

Post by ray law »

I am not sure how it is working on your setup... I get compatability error messages when installing it...... Ignoring the messages completed the install..... I opened the CyberMaxMicro3000.vbp then tried compiling it ... there are multiple compile errors such as "Invalid Variable Name" _ExtentX and more....

Maybe the version you sent me is not the current compiled version ??

The following is not an argument .. just information

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/vstudio/ms788708.aspx

64-Bit Windows

Visual Basic 6.0 runtime files are 32-bit. These files ship in 64-bit Windows Operating Systems referenced in the table below. 32-bit VB6 applications and components are supported in the WOW emulation environment only. 32-bit components must also be hosted in 32-bit application processes.

The Visual Basic 6.0 IDE has never been offered in a native 64-bit version, nor has the 32-bit IDE been supported on 64-bit Windows. VB6 development on 64-bit Windows or any native architecture other than 32-bit is not and will not be supported.

Windows 7

Since the initial release of this support statement, the Windows 7 operating system has been announced. This document has been updated to clarify Microsoft’s support for VB6 on Windows 7.

VB6 runtime will ship and will be supported in Windows 7 for the lifetime of the OS. Visual Basic 6.0 runtime files continue to be 32-bit only and all components must be hosted in 32-bit application processes. Developers can think of the support story for Windows 7 being the same as it is for Windows Vista.

My plan is migrate the code to Visual Studio VB.net

If you object to this offer let me know and i will not proceed.

-ray
pcs
Site master
Site master

Post by pcs »

It does work, I am using it without any problems, there are some gotchas, AFAIR you need to run setup as admin.

I can google it up for you, if you want.
Best regards,
Marko - PCS Electronics
fax +386 4 2316 128
ray law
Regular poster
Regular poster

Post by ray law »

If there is a google search or weblink that will get me up and running i would greatly appreciate the help...... I have tried many web suggested solutions without any luck.

Again something is wrong because "_ExtentX" is not an invalid variable name.....

-ray
pcs
Site master
Site master

Post by pcs »

I used one of these two sites to install and get it running:

http://www.fortypoundhead.com/showconte ... rtid=20502

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums ... c0bc8dd6c5

I know because the two links are marked as visited on the first page.

If all fails you still have the option of installing this into virtual XP machine inside Win7 64.
However I am running it in Win7-64 directly without any issues.

The source is good, I've distributed it to several interested customers and they did not report any problems.
You do need VB6 to open it of course. And pro version to have access to com.

I can copy-paste the code for the "send data" command, you can use that to work out the protocol, it is commented.
Best regards,
Marko - PCS Electronics
fax +386 4 2316 128
ray law
Regular poster
Regular poster

Post by ray law »

I can open the code and i edit it .... but i get what i consider dumb compiler errors..... like invalid variable name... it is quite frustrating.... i do not need the code unless it is from a different source than you have already supplied.