Low power log-periodic high gain PCS-0205

Discuss antenna construction, problems, tuning, designs...

Moderators: Sir Nigel, Nina, pcs, 5r, phpBB2 - Administrators

DJMIXEDUP
New registered user
New registered user

Low power log-periodic high gain PCS-0205

Post by DJMIXEDUP »

firstly this is my first post,and id like too say hello too marko and the team and also too all the members here also.
Lets get down too business,im starting a project soon and i am requiring various power levels,but at a budget too,i will be using different transmitters too test and wonder if the Low power log-periodic high gain PCS-0205 can be stacked too gain higher power in and also out.

The reason i ask is because the diagram of the antenna it seems too be mounted horizontal on the pole rather than veritcal.

I like these antennas as if i can stack them i can use them for the tests i want too do on low powered transmitters and even though i have a set of nice sherman antennas i would also go for the PCS FM DIPOLE 87-194(1000W) for higher power transmitters.

Thanks in advance

Djmixedup
pcs
Site master
Site master

Post by pcs »

You can stack these of course, no problem.

They can also be mounted vertically.

The resulting signal will be very directional, that is most of the range will be in the direction of antenna.
Best regards,
Marko - PCS Electronics
--------------------------------------------------------
Turn your PC into a FM radio station!
http://www.pcs-electronics.com
fax +386 4 2316 128
DJMIXEDUP
New registered user
New registered user

Post by DJMIXEDUP »

Thank you for your replie,at my figuring,and dropping some DB i figure this.

80 watt transmitter into 4 high gain PCS-0205 at a Gain of 6dB per antenna should give me a gain of 24 db and it should be 1920 watts out but taken into considering coax loss i would say 1900 out at very least 1890 watts.

As some people who read this will be thinking,wow,100's of miles,No,ill cover a good considerable distance but with that power it will make my signal stronger in areas that may not get me if i was using,say 4 dipoles,ie in dips or car parks in buildings etc.

Only downside as pcs pointed out,which i know,is the signal goes out forward in a V shape, more beams i stack the narrower the V gets,but this is good if on a mountain and city in front of you,and nothing worth getting behind you,or in the country side where power is the key.

I will be putting in an order for these soon once i have all my sponsers in place for my project,and i will update you all in time

DJMIXEDUP
pcs
Site master
Site master

Post by pcs »

Keep us all informed how it goes, and you may have to experiment a bit to get the right distance between antennas when you stack them.
Best regards,
Marko - PCS Electronics
--------------------------------------------------------
Turn your PC into a FM radio station!
http://www.pcs-electronics.com
fax +386 4 2316 128