I NEED HELP FAST WITH MY FM TRANSMITER SETUP!!!

Discussions regarding our FM transmitters, DX reports, antenna designs, problems...

Moderators: Sir Nigel, Nina, pcs, 5r, phpBB2 - Administrators

mikefx
New registered user
New registered user

I NEED HELP FAST WITH MY FM TRANSMITER SETUP!!!

Post by mikefx »

I have a ramsey fm100b fm transmitter and a DIGITAL 25W FM BOOSTER+ with SWR meter that i got from PCS. when I hook it all up i don't gain any range at all! I have the antenna on top of a 3 story building also, Im so lost now?? what do I do,im very new to this. please help. :cry:
pcs
Site master
Site master

Post by pcs »

You need to increase the sensitivity a little that toy does not have much power. If you take the top cover off you will see that there are two jumpers. First install one to see if that will be enough. If you still don't get full power install the second one as well for maximum sensitivity and gain.

I have to warn you though, those toys use Rohm IC, this IC is nasty, it creates spurs close to the carrier. It was designed to work in mp3 transmitters going a few meters far with their range. But if you amplify that to substantial power you may start interfering with other services, it can get you in trouble. So my advice to you is get a decent transmitter to drive that amp.
All our transmitters use discrete VCO and PLL. Even our PC based exciters use the same high quality VCO/PLL.
Best regards,
Marko - PCS Electronics
--------------------------------------------------------
Turn your PC into a FM radio station!
http://www.pcs-electronics.com
fax +386 4 2316 128