Full pro stereo solution with optional RDS, Qsonic PLL/VCO, excellent bass response, fast lock!
The new MAXPRO8015STR+all-in-one FM exciters are fine-tuned, optimized and improved version of MAXPRO8015 with added SE8000DSP+ stereo encoder all on the same board. They bring even better performance and great convenience with easy no-soldering wiring. They feature 15W of very clean power, QSonic VCO/PLL
subsystem and everything else the previous 8015+ model had to offer.
Exciter carries a one year limited warranty on parts and labor against defects in materials and workmanship, except the RF final transistor.
You can find the manual for this (and other products)
How is MAXPRO8000+ STR series better than MAXPRO8015?
- Everything, stereo encoder and FM transmitter, is on one single board, less interconnecting cables.
- Smaller than MAXPRO8015+ and SE8000DSP+ placed together
- Big firmware improvements
- Extra power limit jumper (500mW), power limit can be set more precisely (500mW, 1000mW, 1500mW up to 15000mW-15W)
- 100 power adjustment steps
- Transmitted RDS data is shown on the LCD display
- Faster remote control (higher baud speed)
- Improved power adjustment for external amplifiers (50% with 1000W amp will now give 500W of output)
- Improved S/N ratio, designed for maximum spurious signal rejection (>80dBc).
- Better precision for voltage, temperature, current and reflected power (extra digit)
- Drive power shown on LCD (when used with amplifier)
- PLL unlock alarm
- Support for new LCD display type (coming end of 2020)
What parameters can I change via remote control?
Its best that you look at the screen capture below. The program may change over
time as we make enhancements, we will be adding more features soon! Feel free
to ask for any features you may want.
- RF Output Power: 0 to 15 Watts, LCD power adjustment range can also be limited to
0-0.5W, 0-1W, 0-1.5W... 0-15W, this is done with a jumper
- Output connector: MCX, pigtails with panel-mount N female are available
- Output Impedance: 50 Ohms
- Frequency range: 87.5-108MHz
- PLL Steps: 50KHz-500KHz, adjustable
- Frequency stability: +/- 20Hz
- Spurious/Harmonic rejection: Harmonics: >50dB, Spurious: (>85dB)
- Power Supply 15W: 12-15V/3A or car battery
- Power connector: standard barrel type
- Quartz Locked PLL Frequency Control
- Ultra Stable, Ultra Clean Output
- No Expensive Test Equipment Required
- Audio performance: Less than 0.1% distortion, 20Hz-75KHz
- RF output ruggedness: SWR protection
- Polarity protection, temp protection
- Pre-emphasis, 50uS, 75uS or none
- Audio Input Impedance: 10Kohm, unbalanced
- Audio Input Level: 0 dB
- S/N ratio: >90 dB
- PC Board Size 15W: 100x220x40mm (WxLxH)
- RF monitor: solder pads
Integrated on-board stereo encoder:
- Excellent stereo separation due to 114x oversampling
- On-board XLR connectors and RCA connectors
- On-board USB audio interface
- Edge-mounted on-board MPX level trimmer, accesible from the outside
- Additional low pass filters and limiters
- On-board RF/LC filter and ESD protection
- Easy interfacing with new IO board and RDS (via flat cable)
- Integrated IO board also supports Ethernet now (requires Ethernet module)
- Audio Response: 10Hz-15KHz, DSP or LC filtered (as per CCIR standards)
- DSP: 24-bit Digital Signal Processor, Analog: LC filters
- 19KHz notch filter, >-60 dB typ
- Precise pre-emphasis, 50uS, 75uS or none
- Audio Input Impedance: 10Kohm, balanced or unbalanced
- Audio Input Level: 0 dB
- Distortion: <0.1%
- S/N ratio: >90 dB
- Separation: >60 dB typ. (much more than typical radio receivers can resolve)
- Pilot Frequency: 19 KHz, 114x oversampled MPX
- Output Impedance: 75 Ohms
- Audio connectors: RCA jacks, XLR balanced inputs
What is included as standard with every MAXPRO8015STR+ 15W Stereo FM package ?
- 1x MAXPRO8015+ STR board
- 1x RDS encoder board
- 1x Slide-in U-profile enclosure (without the top), you can mount this inside your rack. The back and front are fully predrilled.
- 1x 2x16 LCD display with flat cable
- 1x IO board with USB display, 3 BNC connectors and 25cm flat cable (for remote control)
- 1x ON/OFF switch with LED diode
- 1x Pigtail cable MCX to N female (panel mount)
- 1x 6-pin flat cable for RDS, 15cm
- 8x distancer 10mm for mounting into enclosure
- 16x screw M3x6
- 4 mounting screws for LCD module (M2,5 x 8, imbus)
What is the RDSMAX8000+ micro board?
This is a plug-in RDS upgrade board. It is simply plugged in. Once connected MAXPRO8015STR+ supports RDS (Radio Data System) functionality. The RDS data transmitted is shown on the LCD display. This board also require IO board which makes it possible to program RDS with a computer via USB or RS232. Same IO board connects both to LCD and to RDS board.
What is the "Predrilled MAXPRO8015STR+ enclosure without cover"?
- This is a U-shaped piece of aluminum that perfectly fits your MAXPRO8015STR+ along with front and back panels, both with predrilled holes for LCD display, button, audio connectors and IO board. Makes it much easier to mount the exciter into a nice looking case (eliminates the hard work with the LCD and back panel). You can cut away the front and back panels and use them in your own box. Or you can make a new cover and use this as a stand-alone transmitter. This is of course an optional item, but it is highly recommended.
What is the Ethernet remote control module for?
This add-on card lets you connect this transmitter to the PC via Ethernet network. You can control and monitor the status of your transmitter over Ethernet or Internet. Plugs into IO board so IO board is a must to use it. This is an optional item.
What is DCMAX-1K SWR/POWER sensor with DIGIAMP?
- This add-on card connects between any optional pallet amplifier and antenna and lets MAXPRO8015STR+ SE sense power and reflected power. Ships with DIGIAMP flat cable.
What else should I buy to construct a big 500W or 1000W or higher transmitter?
We really recommend these items to all users:
- Any of these pallets here, a power supply for these can be purchased here, don't forget a filter(LPFMAX series is ideal).
- A rack
enclosure from 1H to 3H, with fans, accessories and more...
- Use teflon RG142 50 ohm coax for internal connections inside your rack (teflon coax is easier to work with, it does not melt when hot). Make sure all coaxial cable leads are very short.
Note: This is a new product and there is some lead time
shipping until end of May, we are still ironing out software/firmware.
To look for a suitable antenna check: here.
To look for a suitable coaxial cable check:
To look for a suitable case check: