High gain 50W VHF amplifier, perfect for DAB+ digital radio experiments
Designed for very low power digital exciters, this VHF amplifier offers very high gain in a compact, well ventilated, RF isolated and practical aluminum enclosure with integrated mains power supply. All this at a reasonable price. Finally experiments with DAB+ digital radio can start. This VHF amplifier uses super-linear NXP fets for distortion-free digital signal.
This module is also ideal for bringing the exciter power high enough to drive stronger VHF DAB+ amplifiers.
Units will start shipping around June 15th! Note: The photo is not from actual product, it will look similar but not completely the same.
- Mains power: 110-240V (50/60Hz) universal input, mains cable not included (same as used for PC)
- Frequency band: 170-230 MHz
- 66dB gain max (please specify your desired exciter power level at desired frequency when ordering)
- BLF881 50volt LDMOS Technology.
- Input/Output 50 ohms, N female connectors
- Pout: 50W max
- Weight: 5Kg
- Excellent performance at low cost
- Stable well shielded design, required for such high gain
- Compete plug.in solution with integrated mains power supply
- Simple to use, just ON/OFF button
- No LCD display so no easy power adjustment and no power meter, also no SWR or overdrive protection
- You have to specify exciter level at the time of ordering, it is recommended that you also specify frequency so that we can set gain for you to get full power. We will give you instructions on how to change gain (there is resistor attenuator on board).
- It is recommended that you also keep a power meter and make sure you do not push the amplifier beyond the rated power by driving it too hard.
- Due to the high gain of this amplifier some shielding between exciter and antenna is required. While the amplifier is completely stable also ensure that your exciter is mounted in a nice metal enclosure. All connections should be made with shielded coaxial cable. Please ensure your antenna is well away from the amplifier and the exciter. This means at least 5 meters, preferably on the roof some meters above your work area.
- Excessive drive level can damage this amplifier; let us know in advance what your drive level is so we can set the gain to prevent this.
- RF amplifiers are sensitive devices, if you do not have sufficient experience please consider a complete finished product with integrated exciter instead . Amplifier can be burned by applying too much drive power, connecting mismatched load or no load at all or by causing oscillation (by having antenna close to exciter or input to this amplifier). For this reason there is no warranty for this product. We do assure you that every unit is tested and is 100% operational as it leaves our workshop. It will come with a tag inscribed with specified gain at the specified frequency.