I got a call in phone!

Of-f topic posts about everything and nothing

Moderators: Sir Nigel, Nina, pcs, 5r, phpBB2 - Administrators

SpeedFreakIan
New registered user
New registered user

I got a call in phone!

Post by SpeedFreakIan »

I had to get it from T Mobile, because they don’t ask for a name. So it can’t be traced back to me! :wink: But, I have a slight problem. There’s no reception in my studio! :-? (I just love how it’s underground!) So what I’m thinking is I’ll build myself an antenna with ground radials and everything, and put that outside my studio. (My other problem is, my phone has no RF input.) So, I’m thinking a coil of wire rite next to the cell phone on the other end? Or do I ground the battery’s ground prong to the antenna’s ground, and put the same sort of antenna on the cell phone end as what’s in the tower? Or am I totally crazy, and I just need to buy another RF amp for the darn phone?! What do you guys think?
5r

Re: I got a call in phone!

Post by 5r »

SpeedFreakIan wrote:I had to get it from T Mobile, because they don’t ask for a name. So it can’t be traced back to me! :wink: But, I have a slight problem. There’s no reception in my studio! :-? (I just love how it’s underground!) So what I’m thinking is I’ll build myself an antenna with ground radials and everything, and put that outside my studio. (My other problem is, my phone has no RF input.) So, I’m thinking a coil of wire rite next to the cell phone on the other end? Or do I ground the battery’s ground prong to the antenna’s ground, and put the same sort of antenna on the cell phone end as what’s in the tower? Or am I totally crazy, and I just need to buy another RF amp for the darn phone?! What do you guys think?
your problem can be resolved with two antennas. outside antenna has to be directional and directed at the base station. the inside antenna has to be omni directional. There are many calculations to be considered with this approach, but it works really great. i Ive done this at my friends house (he had no GSM reception in the house), works like magic :)
regards,

Peter
PCS team
Sir Nigel

Post by Sir Nigel »

My father purchased a mobile amplifier for is car that words great. I can't remember who make it, but it's got an aeriel you attach to the roof of the car and another one to be used within 3 feet or so of the mobile.
-empty-
5r

Post by 5r »

Does it actually have an amplifier or it is just a system of antennas?
Last edited by 5r on Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
regards,

Peter
PCS team
Sir Nigel

Post by Sir Nigel »

It's an amplifier. Here's a link to a site that seems to offer the one we've got here.

We used it on a road trip to boost our mobile internet access and it worked well. Cingular here in the States offers high-speed internet which my dad's got access to built-in his laptop. However, when you're moving in a car and hopping from tower to tower the internet kept reverting to a slower service if the signal got weaker, but this solved that problem most of the time.

It also worked for us to get internet in a rent home in the mountains of Colorado. Without it there was little to service, but with it we would get about 3-4 bars out of 5 if memory serves me right.
-empty-
5r

Post by 5r »

I ve calculated pasive system and I tried it with a friend of mine in his house. Result was amazing. I ve even made a paper about it for my school. :D
regards,

Peter
PCS team