Origional MAX-2 power??

This is a place where you can suggest improvements for the site and our products as well.

Moderators: Sir Nigel, Nina, pcs, 5r, phpBB2 - Administrators

webqaz
New registered user
New registered user

Post by webqaz »

I was fooling around with my origional MAX-2 and saw the power output adjustment, I was wondering what is the lowest power that the MAX-2 outputs (being Im too cheap to buy the proper test equiptment). Another question I had is if there is any mods to clean the RF of it, being last transmittion I noticed TV signals going fuzzy.

Anyhow good luck!
pcs
Site master
Site master

Post by pcs »

MAX-2 is obsolete pretty much to the
point that I don't even remember much
of the circuit. I know it used the same
output filter as MAX PRO I so output
should be pretty clean.

TV receivers will always be affected,
if signal strength is too big. Try
moving antenna further away from the
TV antenna.
Best regards,
Marko - PCS Electronics
--------------------------------------------------------
Turn your PC into a FM radio station!
http://www.pcs-electronics.com
fax +386 4 2316 128
pcs
Site master
Site master

Post by pcs »

Ah, perhaps you are talking about MAX PRO II?

That one can go all the way to 0, almost, in power.

As for radio interference, the spectrum is clean.
The problem is probably this:

Q&A ABOUT RADIO INTERFERENCE

Q: If I use filters I can put my antenna right next to my neighbor's TV antenna without any problems right?
A: Wrong! The low pass filters only attenuate harmonics. If harmonics are not the cause of your problem (they almost never are - our exciters are very clean!) removing them won't help. What causes 99% of all radio interference problems? YOUR FUNDAMENTAL SIGNAL!!! A high power fundamental signal in CLOSE PROXIMITY to ANY type of receiving equipment (TV, radio, telephone, PA system etc.) will blow right past any tuner or filtering on this equipment and enter the amplifier stage along with the intended signal where it will cause interference. This type of interference is called "fundamental overload". All the harmonic filters in the world won't help in this very common situation. What will help? Increase the standoff distance (vertical, horizontal or both) between your antenna and what you are interfering with. This is one of the many reasons high power FM radio station antennas are located on high towers. A 100 KW radio station with a 20' antenna would cause a lot of RFI even though the harmonic levels meet FCC requirements.
Best regards,
Marko - PCS Electronics
--------------------------------------------------------
Turn your PC into a FM radio station!
http://www.pcs-electronics.com
fax +386 4 2316 128