Studio TX Link ( STL ) Questions

Share your experience regarding radio transmitters and broadcasting with other users!

Moderators: Sir Nigel, Nina, pcs, 5r, phpBB2 - Administrators

RexBlack
New registered user
New registered user

Studio TX Link ( STL ) Questions

Post by RexBlack »

I am planning to link my studio to a remote antenna (I'll let you guess why). While I've seen the PCS link kit, I have read in various places that such a link can be done with recycled sattelite dish LNBs ( UK Style ) on the RX end or both as TX and RX. I read about Gunn Oscillators but couldn't find any solid kits or schematics for either.
As I would defenitely like to go the Microwave route I was also wondering if this is the best link option for a station located in the US. I know about the whole line of sight thing ( lots of tall building where we are). Below is what I'm trying to accomplish.

|STUDIO| - |Link TX| - |HOP| - |Link RX| - |FM TX|

I read of some stations "hopping" the signal somethimes four times over. I imagine this could be accomplished just by putting a TX & RX at the mid point in on one frequency and out on another to the final point. A lot of work on our end but I'd like to see it work.
Are there any other alternatives? Any help would be greatly appreciated with this.
SpeedFreakIan
New registered user
New registered user

Post by SpeedFreakIan »

I was thinking about a microwave studio transmitter link. way too expensive for me, but it would be cool!
pcs
Site master
Site master

Post by pcs »

Best regards,
Marko - PCS Electronics
--------------------------------------------------------
Turn your PC into a FM radio station!
http://www.pcs-electronics.com
fax +386 4 2316 128
kiss916se
New registered user
New registered user

Post by kiss916se »

Hi there looking in to link 4 - 5 tx units , need to have them link via pc as local mp3 will be played like news weather and travel for there areas . now no engineer behind me so would like so help pease
jurdy
bezerk
Regular poster
Regular poster

Post by bezerk »

simple
a pci transmitter card, antenna & amp at each location, all feeding from 1 shoutcast/icecast souce.