Canadian Purchases

Share your experience regarding radio transmitters and broadcasting with other users!

Moderators: Sir Nigel, Nina, pcs, 5r, phpBB2 - Administrators

Gregtheham
New registered user
New registered user

Canadian Purchases

Post by Gregtheham »

Looking for info from Canadians who may have ordered and had product shipped via FedEx or other courier.
I am trying to find out if you were charged a Brokerage Fee by Fedex , and if so, how much?
It appears PCS uses Fedex International Shipping to Canada and the US
Depending on exact service used, it appears all Brokerage fees are included I the PCS flat rate shipping fee. Unfortunately, I have been burned by Fedex in the past where they have added Horrendous Brokerage fees as a flat rate- (was 3 times the value of the item!)

Looking to hear from anyone who has ordered from PCS and shipped to US , but preferably Canada and if you were charged addition BrokerageFees . Where they flat rate or based on value/weight? Were you charged import duty and/or taxes?
This is for a maxpro2015 only.

Thanks for any help.
Joe
pcs
Site master
Site master

Post by pcs »

I'm not from Canada but I think It depends on your lcoation and value of package.

What they charge you is probably largely tax. Yes, most countries charge import tax and some charge value added tax.

In some countries these taxes are only charged above certain value. Exact value varies.

Next shippers usually charge you something for completing the import process which is again tied to the above mentioned taxes and paperwork involved in processing this.
So again this varies from country to country depending on above which value taxes apply.

So this is not that much about Fedex being bastards as it is your tax related legislation.

So if you vote for more social rights which results in higher taxes it comes back as higher fedex fees when you import something from abroad.
Best regards,
Marko - PCS Electronics
--------------------------------------------------------
Turn your PC into a FM radio station!
http://www.pcs-electronics.com
fax +386 4 2316 128
Gregtheham
New registered user
New registered user

Post by Gregtheham »

Thanks for your input. I am not as concerned about extra import duty tax.
It is the Fedex flat rate broker fees. Some fedex international shipment from your country to Canada appear to include the brokerage fees in the price. But it seems to depend on which service is used . The impression I get from your shipping info is that you include brokerage fees in your shipping rate ( but not duty taxes).
But I have contacted fedex and they don’t seem to know.
Perhaps you can confirm exactly which Fedex international shipping method you use.

So no one seems sure, and it could triple the cost, just for the brokerage fee ..
When I try to get a shipping rate from your country to mine, it is showing A charge of almost $300.00
That just can’t be right.
So that means I seem to have to take a chance to see what it will end up costing at the time of delivery., unless I can get more exact info on the exact type fedex delivery you provide to North America.
Tnx
pcs
Site master
Site master

Post by pcs »

Look, we pay everything we can. Shipping cost is paid in full from our end.

To put it bluntly we go to Fedex and tell them:
WE: We have a package for xy from Canada
Fedex: Okey, give us the address and name, package size etc

What than happens is the package is shipped to you and we get the invoice and pay it.

What you pay for shipping is often less than actual cost of shipping, we often cover a small part of that.

Business customers are well used to this process and know what to expect.
Non-business customers not used to ordering from abroad can be surprised by all this. It depends from country to country a lot, too.

You can have items shipped via regular mail at a fraction of a cost, but this is not reliable and this is why we only do this if you pay with bank transfer.
It is not trackable reliably and takes 3-4 weeks. If it is lost do not come crying to us.
Best regards,
Marko - PCS Electronics
--------------------------------------------------------
Turn your PC into a FM radio station!
http://www.pcs-electronics.com
fax +386 4 2316 128
Gregtheham
New registered user
New registered user

Post by Gregtheham »

THANK YOU!
That’s the best explanation I have had so far from anyone , which makes me more confident to know FEDEx should NOT be charging ME the brokerage fee at time of delivery. As a commercial account holder, whichever overseas shipping selection Fedex is providing you, it appears likely it’s built into your invoice.

Look, I am not trying to be a pain in the a**. Just trying to get you more North American business. I work with many types who would be more inclined to order from you. They buy LOTS of radio electronics, but they have been burned time and time again by FedEx and UPS, due to added Brokerage Fees- often over the cost of the item itself....( even when shipping was included by vendor) and they won’t order if there is ANY uncertainty. It’s happened to me TWICE.

Once I get my order, I will happily confirm how it went for duty / tax charges etc, and post them here.
Perhaps North American Customers will order more freely from you, knowing the outcome, (ie no extra brokerage fees) rather than waiting 3 months for something mail-shipped from China. Wouldn’t that be good for you?