limiting software

Discuss computer software and hardware with other users...(SW limiters, audio processors etc)

Moderators: Sir Nigel, Nina, pcs, 5r, phpBB2 - Administrators

xfm
New registered user
New registered user

limiting software

Post by xfm »

hi i am currently seting up a pirate radio station i have all the gear i did not purchase it here but i would of as its alot cheaper. I have a 4 watt pll transmitter running into a 40 watt amplifier, a stereo coder and rds with a half wave dipole
but i dont have a limmiter compressor and to be honest im only 16 and dont have the money to buy one as i spent all my money on the above... i have a fair share of knoledge about radio and i was wondering is there any software i could get free for my pc that would do the job of 1....ur knowlege is much appreciated :)
xfm
New registered user
New registered user

Post by xfm »

dosent ne1 wanna help???? :( :( :oops:
Dogen
Regular poster
Regular poster

Post by Dogen »

Sound Solution - best free multiband limiter/compressor available. There are also plenty of very nice presets available if you are wary of tinkering with all of the settings. It is, however, a Winamp DSP plugin, so if you aren't running Winamp or an MP3 player using compatible plugins, you may have some problems.

You can download it at: http://www.soundsolution.it/

Download v1.2 as 2.0 is still in Beta and only plays for 30 minutes at a time I believe.
xfm
New registered user
New registered user

Post by xfm »

thx dogen man im saved lol....i can finally go on air :lol: :lol:
xfm
New registered user
New registered user

Post by xfm »

u cant download there anymore :-? :( it just says file not found on all the downloads anybody got and other ideas???
xfm
New registered user
New registered user

Post by xfm »

its ok found it on the winampsite this will work 4 me thx again man :D
xfm
New registered user
New registered user

Post by xfm »

does any1 no of 1 dat u dont ave to use with winamp ???
DJMedic
New registered user
New registered user

Just take it easy on your Outputs

Post by DJMedic »

Just be patient, and keep your input levels low until you can afford a decent compressor. Otsdj.com software is really awesome combined broadcast programming software with built in compressors at reasonable costs. Good luck. I played a regular CD player into the txmr and it sounded awesome without a compressor until I got Ots.
Arizona DJ Medic