Station ID

Discuss computer software and hardware with other users...(SW limiters, audio processors etc)

Moderators: Sir Nigel, Nina, pcs, 5r, phpBB2 - Administrators

Francie81
Regular poster
Regular poster

Station ID

Post by Francie81 »

Can anyone tell me what kind of software you need to make your own ID or whatever like you hear on all stations these days, I don't even know what you call it as am still very much a newbie.

Thanx in advance
radioboy
Regular poster
Regular poster

re: software you need to make your own ID or whatever

Post by radioboy »

I believe what you are referring to is a station ID/Sweeper, and in order to produce your own ID or Sweeper, you must have an audio engine (software) package which allows you to record a voice track, edit that track, and then mix it together with a music or production element to produce the desired end result.

Software packages which come to mind are Goldwave, Cool Edit, Wavelab, Adobe Audition, to name just a few.

There are some some companies you can locate on line who will produce a promo or ID/Sweeper for you as well, some done very well, others on the cheap. Bear in mind you get what you pay for when it comes to talent, production values, and overall quality.

If you are looking for a recommendation on who can accomplish this type of work for a fair price, e-me and I'll be happy to offer a few recommendations.

Best Regards,
((Radioboy))
--
Art is a lie that tells the truth." -- Pablo Picasso
> "Whatever Picasso said." --Radioboy
SheekLouch
New registered user
New registered user

Station ID

Post by SheekLouch »

i'll make a station id for you in .wav form. let me know what you want me to say and i will spiff it up! just PM me and let me know.

sheek
Francie81
Regular poster
Regular poster

Post by Francie81 »

Don't mean to be offensive or anything but are you boys just all talk and no action?
radioboy
Regular poster
Regular poster

> are you boys just all talk and no action?

Post by radioboy »

Hey Francie-

I know we messaged each other a few weeks back, and I did promise I would try to get something out to you, after first sharing some information about programs & such, here's the deal (and take it as an excuse if you must) but due to the fact my sister was recently attacked and stabbed a few weeks back, between my regular day job and then trying to be with and comfort her after working hours, my available free time has been very limited, and I've not been in a terribly creative mindset.

If you cannot produce the liner/sweeper on your own (even after the information I provided you, why not check out: www.productionguy.com
and order yourself a cut or two. Or, you could just actually apply some of the skills and information myself and others have sent your way, and give it a crack yourself. If you are an aspiring broadcaster, then learning production is a staple of the trade. Hell, I cut my hands working and slaving over a 10" reel to reel deck when I first learned to edit tape back in the day, you youngin's just need to point and click, and even if your voice isn't all that professional sounding, with the plethora of onboard effects most audio engines boast now a days, just about any voice can be made to sound good, be it through eq + compression or sfx's & some creative mixing.

My suggestion (as the risk of sounding cocky) is why don't you get off your duff and stop waiting for someone to do something for you, and take the initiative to go produce the liners/sweepers yourself .. otherwise, considering you are asking people whom you do not know to take time out of their life's and provide you with a service for which they would normally expected to be paid for, then complain about the lack of speedy response-
you can just wait for those folks to actually find the time (especially during this, the holiday season) and when they are able to get what they can to you, they will.

((RadioBoy))

--
"Be who you are and say what
you feel because those who mind don't matter
and those who matter don't mind."
--
Art is a lie that tells the truth." -- Pablo Picasso
> "Whatever Picasso said." --Radioboy
Francie81
Regular poster
Regular poster

Post by Francie81 »

Well first off am very sorry to hear that about your sister. But I was just looking for something to get me on the road but maybe I am pushin my luck, I appreciate the good work of your own you sent me and supposingly it was then where I should do for myself, but hey thats me and I'll tell you why because am a mobile DJ over a year now and I must admit it hasn't really sparked off to what I'd like it to be simply because I didn't go looking for work, but I know I have to change myself in that way, so now you know the kinda fella I am yes lazy about things lol, am gonna check out that site and see what I can pick up and just keep lookin up as much as I can about doing what I want to do, also few months back I done a radio course but nothing came about that and I must admit that I haven't the desire for radio unlike yourself eventhough I still want to go soo far into it. Anyway that's all and I'll keep ya posted should I progress with my station ID.

Take Care,
DJ Franco
Ian Kogneato
Regular poster
Regular poster

Post by Ian Kogneato »

The Software being used is called Adobe Audition. If you need a voice over, I'll be glad to do what I can for you (free, of course). You'll have to reply and let me know if you are interested before I go to the effort though.
Francie81
Regular poster
Regular poster

Post by Francie81 »

Yes yes of course am interested in someone putting me in the right direction for voice overs, I just want one for my own pirate station, something simple ya'know.
Ian Kogneato
Regular poster
Regular poster

Post by Ian Kogneato »

I sent you a PM