COM problem

All posts related to PCI MAX transmittors go here!

Moderators: Sir Nigel, Nina, pcs, 5r, phpBB2 - Administrators

anhisr
Regular poster
Regular poster

COM problem

Post by anhisr »

I am using the PCI Max 3000. I am installed software CyberMaxMico v4. I also installed the USB 2 virtual com port software dated July 2012. I changed the COM port to COM 3 as that is what is listed in the device manager. So now it is working. If I turn on auto update, it says the com port does not exists. The program works but, the power says 0.0w and it does not show a firmware. In the device manager under Universal serial bus controllers it shows a IO Board USB-COM Port ( PCS Electronics also)
pcs
Site master
Site master

Post by pcs »

Hi,

check Cybermaxmicro V4 manual, chapter 7, page 20.

Which com port do you see there?
Best regards,
Marko - PCS Electronics
--------------------------------------------------------
Turn your PC into a FM radio station!
http://www.pcs-electronics.com
fax +386 4 2316 128
anhisr
Regular poster
Regular poster

Post by anhisr »

COM 3. That is what I set it to in CyberMaxMicro. Now it works. I swear I had it set that way before I wrote you. Oh, what is the "normal" operating temp? What is the alram set to go off at?
pcs
Site master
Site master

Post by pcs »

After changing the com port you have to restart the program, I think that is what was the problem.

I noticed this recently, we will fix this bug with the next release.

If you've got a 3W model and you don't have good ventilation inside the PC it might be a good idea to install a PC enclosure fan. These are often mounted on the PC enclosure side lid.

It trips around 80C.
Best regards,
Marko - PCS Electronics
fax +386 4 2316 128
anhisr
Regular poster
Regular poster

Post by anhisr »

I replaced the outflow fan from a 80mm to a 92 mm. That gives me a much higher cfm.
Also found a fan that attaches to the motherboard on one of the motherboard anchor screws and has a flex neck so I can have it blow right across the card. That should keep things cool. Thank you for the help

enjoying the tunes all around the neighborhood again.
pcs
Site master
Site master

Post by pcs »

Looks perfect.

In my PC without the side cover on it works without any problems, but if you put the cover on and don't have suitable ventilation it may get too hot which is also bad for your PC.

Keep rocking!
Best regards,
Marko - PCS Electronics
fax +386 4 2316 128
anhisr
Regular poster
Regular poster

Post by anhisr »

Now for some reason when I booted the machine back up this evening for a neighborhood campfire, the com port listing and the usb listing are gone in the device manager. Of course the system is not working.
I loaded up the program. When I try to install the usb drivers I only get one warning instead of two like I did yesterday. When it is done loading the usb drivers, yesterday it said to hit finish and then windows took over and loaded and then look for updates. Today it just tells me to reboot. When I do neither of the two lines are listed in the device manager. The only thing I can think of is I need to unplug the usb cord that attaches the card to the usb port in the back of the machine. Going to try it in the AM. Got to head out to the fire tonight.
It worked before and I know it will again. Any idea what is happening? Thank you for your insight and help
pcs
Site master
Site master

Post by pcs »

Well, if the problem persists let me know. It should work every time.

Installation should be pain free provided you pay attention to the manual.
Best regards,
Marko - PCS Electronics
fax +386 4 2316 128
anhisr
Regular poster
Regular poster

Post by anhisr »

Rebooted the machine today. When it came back up everything was still there in the device manager. When I opened the CyberMaxMicro it opened fine. The only difference was it would not show any power. Always 0.0Watts. When I looked at a tuner with a power meter it only went up half way, versus full any other time. I showed the version and temperature. Even if I changed the power it would not change. So, I rebooted again and this time the lines in the device manager under com ports has disappeared again. The one under USB has an exclamation next to it and it reads unidentified usb.
pcs
Site master
Site master

Post by pcs »

This might be a case of a poorly soldered RS232 IC.

I'll email you directly and we'll see what we can do about it.
Best regards,
Marko - PCS Electronics
fax +386 4 2316 128
anhisr
Regular poster
Regular poster

Post by anhisr »

OK thank you