new transmitter and a new guy please help

Discussions regarding our FM transmitters, DX reports, antenna designs, problems...

Moderators: Sir Nigel, Nina, pcs, 5r, phpBB2 - Administrators

RJD137
New registered user
New registered user

new transmitter and a new guy please help

Post by RJD137 »

ok i got my new 15watt 5015 today and put it in my box and its fine except. At full power it's only showing me 2 W on the LCD screen. and when I hit the menu button and go to the RF screen it says it's at full power. I read something about a jumper on the board that enables the board to have 2 W or 4 W or 8 W or 15 W, I don't want to touch anything until I know this is correct. is there any other way to control or adjust the power output. Or is there a reason I'm only getting it to get up to 2 W. This board was a huge upgrade to me from my old one which was the original cyber Max 3000 I think. So I was able to swap out the board for the new board and now I'm trying to learn the little details of working the board properly. So again my first question is do I need to move the jumper on the board to enable the board to have more power. Or is there another setting I don't know about through the menu that will allow me to adjust the power output of my transmitter.
pcs
Site master
Site master

Post by pcs »

There are 4 jumpers in the centre of the board, close to the big IC with lots of "legs".

With this jumper you can limit the full power range to 2W, 4W, 6W or 8W.

Just remove the jumper there, if there are no jumpers power is allowed to go all the way up to 15W.

This power limit is useful when driving pallets, usually a jumper is installed in 2W position and you have nice and smooth adjustment from 0-2W.

Have fun :)
Best regards,
Marko - PCS Electronics
--------------------------------------------------------
Turn your PC into a FM radio station!
http://www.pcs-electronics.com
fax +386 4 2316 128
RJD137
New registered user
New registered user

Post by RJD137 »

Thanks ,

I think for my use with my Christmas display id like to try 8 watts. but as the interested person i am I am going to try each setting and pick the one that i like best so getting 15watts i would just take the jumper off correct. which will prob be the 4 or 8 watt jumper. id just like to know what its full potential is. and is there any possibility by me using it at it's not fullest potential can I damage the board.

I have another question, for some strange reason i thought i did not need to re-install the fan from the old board to the new one. i thought i had read that this new board didn't need it. so i did not install it. after i used it last night i noticed it got not hot but it was warm so i want to install the old fan back in to the box but i don't know were to put it and what i'm looking for on the board (what it says on the board). could you please give me some detail on were to hook up the fan on the board? so i dont mess it up. and is there any settings on the board for the fan or in the menu setting that i need to know about.

again thank you so much

Ralph
pcs
Site master
Site master

Post by pcs »

1. How about checking out the manual? :) I know you think you don't need to, but all the headers and jumpers ae described there. It is also shown where to hook-up fan. Besides, it is written FAN on the board so it should be easy. You can also connect fan directly to +12V.

If you remove all power limit jumpers, the unit limits at 15W. So you can set the unit in the 0-15W range via display. If you set power on LCD to 50% you'll get out about 7.5W.

If you set 8W power limit jumpers, the unit limits at 8W. So you can set the unit in the 0-8W range via display. If you set power on LCD to 50% you'll get out 4W.

The steps are nicely distributed from 0 to max at any jumper setting.

You won't damage the unit at 15W, just make sure there is a small fan, unit needs to be in metal enclosure and antenna needs to be tuned properly.

There are also 25W, 40W and 50W models, these need a stronger fan.

Have fun with our exciter.
Best regards,
Marko - PCS Electronics
--------------------------------------------------------
Turn your PC into a FM radio station!
http://www.pcs-electronics.com
fax +386 4 2316 128
RJD137
New registered user
New registered user

Post by RJD137 »

thank you very much for your input and advice. and I will read the manual.