DAB+ IS FINALLY AVAILABLE ALSO FOR SMALL RADIO STATIONS AND LPFM USERS
Based on stand-alone solution which receives ETI stream via Ethernet
- Nominal Transmit Frequency: 176 ... 239 Mhz
- Maximal Tramsmit Frequency: 400 MHz (with 1Ghz reference clock)
- Transmit Power: -60 ... 15 dBm.
- Signal shoulders height: 54 dB (if TX power is 3 dBm).
Drivers Installation Needed: NO
Software Needed: NO (Only if you need to create ETI-stream yourselve, ODR-DabMUX is needed)
- LEDs That shows state: Yes (underflow, PLL-lock, link activity, fpga status)
I/Q samples width: 18 bit
Complex sample rate: 6144 kS/s.
- Input interface: 10/100 Mbit Ethernet
External power: 5V 2A (power consumption - is up to 700mA in old PCB versions, and up to 450mA in new one's)
- Output RF connector: SMA-Female
The main point of creating this hardware - is to have possibility to create DAB stream without need of PC. So all CPU-intensive job, like: ETI-processing, Adding error correction codes, Adding Phase Reference, DQPSK, Fourier transform/COFDM and I/Q processing has been moved from the software to hardware part (into XC6SLX9 FPGA). After this changes been done, all what is needed - is ETI stream from the satellite provider or from ODR-DabMux sent by the TCP-connection to the board. Just set network parameters, point to the source of ETI-stream (ip and port), and set RF frequency and amplitude - and volia! There is also exciter info that describes how to enables SFN operationing by using various GPS
How do I setup DAB+ radio?:
Requires ETI stream (computer running ODR-DabMUX somewhere connected to Internet or Ethernet)
Step-by-step instructions are here: https://wiki.opendigitalradio.org/RaspDA
It is low, you will need an amplifier. Check here
- Exciter board without power supply (5V 1A is recommended, center is positive)
WHAT ELSE WILL I NEED AND IT WASN'T INCLUDED?
- Power supply (5V 1A). If you can't find one let us know, we have them
- Output level is is very low, you will need an amplifier. Check here
- An antenna such as this
- Coaxial cable such a this
- ETI source. If you don't have it you can use ODR-DabMUX
- Ethernet cable and access to local network or Internet with active ETI source
- Good taste for music and great skill to put together a program that will dazzle your listeners