DAB+ IS FINALLY AVAILABLE ALSO FOR SMALL RADIO STATIONS AND LPFM USERS
Based on stand-alone solution which receives ETI stream via Ethernet
- Nominal Transmit Frequency: 176 ... 239 Mhz
- Maximal Tramsmit Frequency: 400 MHz (with 1Ghz reference clock)
- Transmit Power: -60 ... 15 dBm.
- Signal shoulders height: 54 dB (if TX power is 3 dBm).
Drivers Installation Needed: NO
Software Needed: NO (Only if you need to create ETI-stream yourselve, ODR-DabMUX is needed)
- LEDs That shows state: Yes (underflow, PLL-lock, link activity, fpga status)
I/Q samples width: 18 bit
Complex sample rate: 6144 kS/s.
- Input interface: 10/100 Mbit Ethernet
External power: 5V 2A (power consumption - is up to 700mA in old PCB versions, and up to 450mA in new one's)
- Output RF connector: SMA-Female
The main point of creating this hardware - is to have possibility to create DAB stream without need of PC. So all CPU-intensive job, like: ETI-processing, Adding error correction codes, Adding Phase Reference, DQPSK, Fourier transform/COFDM and I/Q processing has been moved from the software to hardware part (into XC6SLX9 FPGA). After this changes been done, all what is needed - is ETI stream from the satellite provider or from ODR-DabMux sent by the TCP-connection to the board. Just set network parameters, point to the source of ETI-stream (ip and port), and set RF frequency and amplitude - and volia! There is also modifications page, that describes how to enables SFN operationing by using various GPS
Requires ETI stream (see above about that)
It is low, you will need an amplifier. Check here and here for solutions.
- Exciter board without power supply (5V 1A is recommended, center is positive)
WHAT ELSE WILL I NEED AND IT WASN'T INCLUDED?
- Power supply (5V 1A). If you can't find one let us know, we have them
- Output level is is very low, you will need an amplifier. Check here and here for solutions.
- An antenna such as this, this or this.
- Coaxial cable such a this or this.
- ETI source. If you don't have it you can use ODR-DabMUX
- Ethernet cable and access to local network or Internet with active ETI source
- Good taste for music and great skill to put together a program that will dazzle your listeners