Low power FM transmitter packages for drive-in cinema, advertising, parklot church service or small local radio, various emergencies!
Also runs off the batteries (12-15V), practical for mobile or solar powered installations
This package is based on our CYBERNANOFM+ 1W, 4W, 5W or 15W rack-mounted FM transmitter
series for low power applications, operating from 87.5
to 108 MHz. This is a small, but well built and reliable package with DSP stereo, great audio and RDS, antenna, coaxial cable with connectors and optional mains power supply. Remote control via Ethernet is also an option. This package can also be powered from a car battery
(13.8V-15V) which can save lives in emergency. A perfect backup transmitter
for a large radio station, main transmitter for a small community radio, church
radio or advertising.
Very suitable for portable or improvized installations and small radio
stations in Africa and other remote installations, advertising (housing, shops),
special occasions, drive-in cinema, wireless sound distribution, translation,
Protected with Temp and SWR protection. This is a budget solution, for certified professional model look here.
Here is a guide to setting up FM transmitter for drive-in cinema.
- Great audio quality and stereo separation (DSP+DDS modulator)
- USB audio input for direct connection to PC or laptop
- RDS parameters can be set via LCD display (no PC required)
- High quality ESD protected RF hardened balanced audio inputs
- Both RCA and XLR inputs
- Enough power for up to 5km of range with good antenna and location
on a mountain top (4W with good antenna)
- Fully portable and can run from car battery or battery pack.
- Includes coaxial cable and antenna
- Does not have the MPX input
- The CyberMaxFM+ SE units have better RF S/N quality than the Nano series. Nano series is a budget solution for remote locations where potential RF interference is not a problem.
RANGE AND POWER SELECTION
Exact range depends a lot on terrain configuration, type of antenna and especially the location of the antenna and
of course quality of receivers. Even 1W is often enough for drive-in cinema but sometimes there could be interference sources and overpowering them can require more power. 15W is a good selection. You can set power anywhere from zero to max with LCD display/keys, there are 100 steps.
BE SAFE, GET A BACKUP
Our transmitters are very reliable but something can always go wrong. Ever dropped something? Spilled coffee over keyboard? A backup system, even if at 1W only, can save your face and keep your customers satisfied even if the unthinkable happens. Once your customers start rolling in you will be very glad you have a backup.
- CyberNanoFM+ 1W, 4W, 5W or 15W FM transmitter with DSP and RDS either in 1H rack or the ECO enclosure.
- Ttransmitters ship with Half wave sleeve dipole antenna (includes a mounting clamp), gain is roughly -1 dBd.
- 5m of coaxial cable with matching connectors installed
- Frequency range 87.5 to 108MHz (ask for other bands)
- Smallest PLL step 100KHz
- Output power: 1W/4W/5W/15W depending on model, adjustable from 0 to max via LCD in nice even steps
- Output impedance: 50 unbalanced, VSWR less than 2:1 for full output
- RF output connector: 50ohm BNC female
- Audio input connectors: RCA (cinch) and XLR, USB for digital audio
- Audio level: 1Vpp (PC soundcard output level)
- Audio input impedance: 10Kohms
- Pre-emphasis: Flat, 50 or 75usec, adjustable
- RF Spurious: >-50 dBc @ +- 1MHz min. away from carrier
- RF Harmonics: > -50 dBc Standard
- Monitoring Led: Power on, SWR/TEMP/PLL error
- Harmonic distortion (THD): > 0,1% ( 0,05% typ. )
- Channel separation: >40 dB, 20Hz to 15kHz
- Power supply: 15V/2A (1W), 15V/2A (4W), 15V/3A (5W), 15V/3A (15W)
- Standard 19" 1HE rack, 125mm deep (about 5"), about 4kg (volumetric)
- Eco units: 115mmx90mmx230mm (WxHxL), 2Kg volumetric
How is Eco different from regular nano 1H packages?
- These enclosures are not rack-mount and are a bit smaller than nano 1H.
They are 115mmx90mmx230mm (WxHxL).
The electronics inside is the same, the LCD display is different (it has rotary encoder instead of 3 keys).
- The audio inputs at the back are exactly the same
- The remote control is completely the same (RS232, USB)
- Antenna connector is N female (prefered by some)
How do I wire up the transmitter, antenna and audio sources?
Look at the image below (click to enlarge) for an example of a nice radio station with some studio items. At the bottom of this page look for the links to other items that you can use to setup your radio station (WHAT ELSE WILL I NEED AND IT WASN'T INCLUDED? and WHAT CAN I USE AS AUDIO SOURCE?).
WHAT ARE MAINS POWER SUPPLY OPTIONS?
- Transmitter runs off 15V. If you don't already own one you can either decide to buy it locally, use car battery or 15V solar power setup or you can buy our mains power supply and run off the grid.
What parameters can I change via PC remote control?
Its best that you look at the screen capture below. The program may change over
time as we make enhancements, we will be adding more features soon! Feel free
to ask for any features you may want.
What is RDS?
Data System, basically it displays station name and sometimes song name
and similar information on a compatible radio receiver. Very popular in Europe,
less so in the US.
What is the Ethernet control module?
This optional add-on module lets you connect this FM transmitter to Ethernet. It lets you control frequency, power and RDS parameters from your PC remotely.
What is the Ethernet remote control with Barix audio streaming?
This optional add-on module lets you connect this FM transmitter to Ethernet. It lets you control frequency, power and RDS parameters from your PC remotely. It also allows you to stream IP audio to the transmitter with built-in Barix IP audio receiver.
Basic Studio (mixer and microphone)
Save yourself some time and get studio package as well. Studio package A includes:
- 8-channel Behringer mixer (8 channels, 2 mic inputs with compressor, USB audio interface)
- Studio microphone with cable
- Microphone stand
Need more studio gear?
Need audio processor? Check these.
Need a link from studio to the transmitter site? How about these.
Important: Due to large size and irregular shape of these packages the website
often gets shipping cost wrong. For exact shipping cost please contact
our sales department, be sure to give them your exact address and they will
quote you shipping. It also does not hurt to ask for a special discount.
Also recommended: We recommend AA-170 antenna analyzer for checking SWR of the antennas. Coaxial cable grounding kits can be purchased here, they ensure lightning protection when used with grounded antennas. They should be installed at the antenna (if needed, most dipoles are grounded), at the tower base and at the point of entrance into building. Also use self-sealing tape which turns into rubber and prevents moisture from entering your connectors and coaxial cable.
WHAT CAN I USE AS AUDIO SOURCE?
- Your PC. Just plug audio cable into your sound card.
- CD player, MP3 player or any other music reproduction system
- Mixing board with microphone and other audio gear
WHAT ELSE WILL I NEED AND IT WASN'T INCLUDED?
- Power supply (if you get ours) requires mains cable which can be purchased in your country (each country has a different mains plug and we don't carry all). This is standard cable used in your PC for example and its price is typically around 1 US$ or less. You can get it in any electronics store, such as radio shack, circuit city, any computer store etc.
- Good taste for music and great skil to put together a program that will dazzle your listeners