CYBERMAXFM+ SE+ V3 1000W STEREO/RDS FM TRANSMITTERS!
The new SE+ V3 series brings significantly improved DSP software, V4 exciter, better stereo separation and tighter MPX control. Our new SE+ V3 models come with large 4x16 LCD display and VU meter! SE+ lineup is based on our top of the line FM exciter (8015 series), SE8000 DSP stereo encoder and has a number of other improvements. Perfect for demanding broadcasters. This unit in large 2H 19" rack
enclosure contains mains power supply and gives 1000W of RF power 24/7/365. Large heavy-duty ball-bearing 120x120mm cooling fans take care of any excessive heat. Transmitter is equipped with a stereo
encoder with pre-emphasis circuit, DSP processing, active low-pass filter, our professional
series PLL synthesizer, wideband no-tune RF stage with temp protection, good
output RF filter and optional RDS processor. PC remote control is possible via USB, RS232 or Ethernet. A robust transmitter made for 24/7/365
our opinion the best quality/price ratio possible.
RDS parameters can be programmed with the help of a PC via serial RS232 or USB connection
(Ethernet option is also available)
All our manuals and software are available here.
What's new in SE V3 version:
- Separation improved due to 8015 V4
- New expander DSP functionality to boost quiet audio and improve loudness
- Improved MPX level control (limiting introduced at several points).
- MPX level adjustable from outside via a hole next to XLR connector
- Improved remote control
- 100 power adjustment steps
- Percentage based power adjustment (50% will now give approximately half of output power, V2 could give very approximate result)
- Improved precision of all measured parameters (extra digit)
- Digital audio input via USB or Ethernet (option)
- MPX mode now features 192KHz USB audio board, XLR and RCA inputs, level control via trimmer!
- LCD now shows several transmitted RDS parameters (requires RDS option).
- Modular construction, most modules can be exchanged easily without soldering
- Easy change of frequency or any parameters via LCD. Only changing RDS requires a PC.
- Low distortion
- SWR protection
- RDS option (new 8000 series RDS encoder)
- Friendly user interface
- Cost effective, energy efficient, light, small and practical
What parameters can I change via PC remote control?
Its best that you look at the screen capture below. The program may change over
time as we make enhancements, we will be adding more features soon! Feel free
to ask for any features you may want.
How do I wire up the transmitter, antenna and audio sources?
Look at the image below (click to enlarge) for an example of a nice radio station with some studio items. At the bottom of this page look for the links to other items that you can use to setup your radio station (WHAT ELSE WILL I NEED AND IT WASN'T INCLUDED? and WHAT CAN I USE AS AUDIO SOURCE?).
- Output power: 1000W, adjustable via LCD display (0 to max)
- Output impedance 50 unbalanced, VSWR less than 2:1 for full output
- Output connector: 7/16 female
- Frequency range 87.5 to 108MHz
- PLL step 100KHz
- RF Spurious > -85 dBc @ +- 1MHz min. out of carrier
- RF Harmonics > -60 dBc Standard
- Monitoring Led: Power on, SWR/TEMP/PLL warning
- Modulation capability: FM
- Audio connectors: BNC (MPX input), RCA, XLR and USB
- 192KHz USB audio input for MPX version
- Audio level required: 4dBu (1.23Vrms @ 0db gain), -10dBu (0.316Vrms @ +14dB gain), adjustable in wide range
- Audio input impedance: 10Kohms resistive, balanced
- Pre-emphasis Flat, 50 or 75usec
- Harmonic distortion ( THD ) <0.1%
- Stereo separation: >65dB
- Mode: Stereo/Mono, adjustable via LCD display or remotely with PC
- Frequency amplitude: 0.5dB, 30Hz - 15kHz
- AC mains power: 220-240V 50/60Hz universal, works everywhere on this planet
- Ambient temperature: -5° to +45°C
- External dimensions 1000W ( W x D x H ) 19" x depth (492mm) x height 2HE (88mm)
- Physical weight 15Kg
- Volumetric weight up to 20Kg
Note: SE transmitters are available in 2 versions.
- With MPX input (from STL receiver or external DSP processor for example)
- Stereo DSP/RDS version with DSP stereo encoder plus RDS
|Full unit name
|SE V3 MPX
||CyberMAXFM+ SE+ V3 MONO MPX 192KHz USB
|SE V3 STEREO + RDS
||CyberMaxFM+ SE V3 STEREO DSP+RDS
What is DSP stereo?
This unit has a DSP stereo encoder, making your transmitter stereo. Very shart input filters with a deep 19KHz notch, advanced signal processing
with compressor and limiter, all adjustable via LCD display. The number
of settings is indeed fascinating, you can also set gain for each audio
channel, compression ratio etc.
How much range can I expect?
You can read more about range in this guide HERE.
What is RDS?
Data System, basically it displays station name and sometimes song name
and similar information on a compatible radio receiver. Very popular in Europe,
less so in the US. Requires connection to a PC at the time of programming, but
retains settings even when powered off.
What is the Ethernet remote control module for?
- This add-on card lets you connect this transmitter to the PC via Ethernet network. You can control and monitor the status of your transmitter over Ethernet or Internet.
What is the Ethernet remote control module with IP audio for?
- This add-on card lets you connect this transmitter to the PC via Ethernet network and it also lets you receive IP stream. This is basically Barix IP module inside your transmitter. Can be used on its own to receive streamed audio. To use remote control and audio streaming requires Barix Extreamer on the transmitting side in your studio.
What is "Mobile phone remote control (SMS)"?
Connects to the RS232 port at the back of your transmitter and enables remote control of the transmitters via GSM phone network. SIM card and contract not included. Commands and alarms are sent and received via SMS. An app exists for Android phones.
What is replacement final transistor?
You can buy this just to have a handy replacement transistor in case it gets damaged some time in the future, for example if there is a lightning strike.
WHAT CAN I USE AS AUDIO SOURCE?
- A high quality mixer with telephone hybrids, such as this very popular unit.
- Professional broadcasting microphone with noise-free stand, such as this
- Your PC. Just plug audio cable into your sound card. Add SAM
- CD player, MP3 player or any other music reproduction system
WHAT ELSE WILL I NEED AND IT WASN'T INCLUDED?
- Requires mains plug which can be purchased in your country (each country
has a different mains plug and we don't carry all). This is standard mains plug and its price is typically around 1 US$ or less. You
can get it in any electronics store, such as radio shack, circuit city, any
computer store etc. Always use grounded plug for your safety!
- You will also need antenna, you can order one HERE
- You will also coaxial cable to connect antenna and transmitter, you can order
it HERE (up to20m) or HERE (20-60m) or HERE (>60m).
- Radio Essentials Kit contains various connectors and adapters plus an antenna analyzer, every stations should have these at hand at any time.
- You will need audio source (mixer, cd player, microphone etc). It is a good
idea to use PC as audio source and run some kind of audio scheduling software,
such as Jazler, Raduga or winamp. Winamp plugins such as rocksteady exist and
can make your sound even better.
Where can I buy everything I need to start in a package, including
antenna and everything else?
You can check our All-inclusive
transmitter packages, these include antenna, coaxial cable and
mains power supply. Another way to go would be to select your preferred antenna
here and coaxial
cable with connectors here, this way you can configure your own package.
Depending on the model this unit gives ~ 1000W of clean
RF power, exact power output can vary about +/- 10% depending on frequency,
ambient temperature and antenna matching.